Office Clerk – Part Time
City : Ottawa
Category : Logistics Operations
Industry : Food and Beverage
Employer : The Beer Store
We are currently searching for a Part Time Office Clerk (night shift) reporting to the Front Office DC Supervisor. This is a unionized position.
Location: Ottawa Distribution Centre. The Ottawa Distribution Centre is operational 24 hours a day, six days a week (Sunday night - Friday evening).
Who We Are
Becoming experts on beer doesn't happen overnight - we've been in business since 1927 and we’ve established ourselves as the leading retailer and distribution channel for beer in Ontario. Our state-of-the-art recycling system has made us one of the most environmentally responsible retailers in the world; nothing sold or returned to our stores ends up in landfill. We are proud to be a part of communities across the province and believe that if you’re going to be part of the community, you should also give back to it. We’ve partnered with many non-profit organizations over the years to raise awareness and much needed funds! The Beer Store offers ownership to all Ontario-based brewers which means there's no other team of Beer Champions who live and love all things beer as much as we do. What is a "Beer Champion?" you ask...a Beer Champion isn’t just a customer favourite or a great teammate. We’re health and safety advocates, environmental stewards, and your local community’s beer enthusiasts. Join us to continue to create a fun and genuine work culture that really feels like your second family!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Reconciliation of customer delivery invoices including processing payments
- Auditing of customer reconciliation
- Receiving drivers at driver window
- Timely handling of customer concerns through the ticket management system
- Preparing adjustments to customers accounts
- Accurate filing of confidential items
- Handling sales to pick up customers through the POS system
- Phone answering and direction of calls
- Any other job-related clerical duties
Who You Are - Your Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- High School graduation diploma an asset. Post secondary education an asset.
- Previous experience with TBS Retail POS system is an asset
- Must be a team player who can interact with all levels of the DC
- Advanced PC skills and experience with Microsoft Excel and Word
- A pleasant and professional phone manner
- Experience with SAP systems an asset
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment on different shifts
- Flexibility to work shifts within a 24/6 logistics operation, morning, afternoon, or night shifts as needed
Application Deadline: April 7, 2023
Apply today with your resume so we can get to know you better!
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are committed to providing a respectful and empowering workplace that values our greatest resource, our people. Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential components of our culture that empower us to meet the needs of our employees, customers and communities. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds including racialized persons / persons of colour, women, Indigenous / Aboriginal People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons, and any other characteristic. We’re an equal opportunity employer and provide employment accommodation in accordance with provincial legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity or testing, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process . We genuinely thank you for your interest in this opportunity with us. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.