OER Grant Project Student Assistant
City : Surrey, BC
Category : 2102-Open Education
Industry : Education
Employer : Kwantlen Polytechnic University - KPU
This role reports to the OER Grant project lead.
The Open Educational Resource (OER) Grant Project Student Assistant provides support for an OER grant project. OER Grant Project Student Assistant responsibilities include supporting an OER grant publishing project through assistance with attribution, citation, captioning, alt-text, H5P development and conversion. The incumbent will follow appropriate style guides to ensure a consistent look and feel with other OER grant projects. The incumbent may be called upon to support other tasks associated with the OER grant project on an ad hoc basis.
- Re-create content written for the OER grant project on the chosen platform (e.g. Pressbooks) or using the chosen tool (e.g. H5P)
- Contribute content for the OER grant project as directed by project lead, such as writing content, creating videos and images, etc.
- Do library and online research as required, such as reviewing current literature, statistics, finding openly licensed images, etc.
- Ensure that the OER grant project follows appropriate attribution, citation, and accessibility guidelines
- Provide feedback on the OER Grant Project
- Meet with OER grant project leads to share updates and talk through workflow
- Familiarity with subject matter of the OER grant project
- Preference given to students with experience in one or mote of the following areas
- Open platforms, including Pressbooks, WordPress, and H5P
- Open practices, licensing, and values
- Best practices for accessibility in an online environment
Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box?
We at KPU understand that experiences and qualifications may look differently for everyone and, if this job description is of interest to you, we encourage you to apply.
Note to Applicants:
Kwantlen Polytechnic University welcomes and encourages applications from equity deserving groups and diverse experiences including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, and members of the 2S/LGBTQIA+ community.
If there are any barriers that you are experiencing or an accommodation that we can provide to support you through the application process, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with KPU. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University is committed to protecting the safety and welfare of employees, students, and the general public, and upholding the reputation and integrity of the University. For this reason, final applicants will be asked to undergo a background check.