Occupational Therapist, Eating Disorder Program
City : Guelph
Category : Full-time Salaried
Industry : *Allied Health Professionals
Employer : Homewood Health Inc.
Make a difference in a growing, innovative mental health organization and centre of excellence in people-centered care. Work with supportive colleagues who are passionate about improving lives and champions for quality and continuous learning.
As an Occupational Therapist, you will be an integral part of a collaborative, inter-disciplinary team focused on delivering seamless services and programs to our clients and customers. If you are looking for a company that is constantly moving forward in pursuit of successful outcomes, get ready to love it here!
Hours of work: Full-time, 35 hours/week. Some evening and weekend work required.
What you’ll be doing:
- Conduct specialized functional and cognitive activities of daily living assessments
- Plan, develop and coordinate patient care using rehabilitation strategies
- Carry out case management responsibilities particular to community reintegration, including access to community services
- Provide individual treatment to facilitate successful reintegration into the community, including return to school and/or work planning
- Provide DBT or CBT group therapy
- Facilitate motivational enhancement in both individual and group sessions
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation and reports
- Contribute to program rounds and the DBT consult group
- Contribute to program development and program evaluation
- Preceptor ship for student placements is required
What you bring:
- Graduate of a recognized Occupational Therapy Program
- Member of the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario, required
- Experience working with persons with diagnosis of eating disorders, depression, and/or anxiety
- Experience in facilitating therapeutic groups (DBT or CBT)
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills in interdisciplinary teams
- Knowledge of community vocational resources and return-to-work/school strategies
- Awareness and acknowledgement of the value of using measurement-based care when supporting patients/clients to help guide clinical decision making; experience an asset
- Skill and competencies to quickly establish supportive, trusting relationships with the target population
- Ability to develop new program components and evaluate programs to modify existing services in collaboration with team partners
- Knowledge of current Occupational Therapy practice models and current skills with standardized and non- standardized assessment tools (COPM, AMPS, kitchen assessments) related to the determination of occupational issues and functional performance
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our patients, staff and community from COVID-19, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, Homewood Health Centre requires that all staff have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
Why work with us
Homewood Health is Canada’s largest and leading service provider for medically focused, evidence-based treatment of mental health and addiction disorders. Our organizational culture values service excellence, integrity, collaboration and innovation. Our people make a difference!
As an equal opportunity employer, Homewood Health is committed to employment accessibility, diversity, equity and inclusion. For this reason, we encourage applications from members of equity-seeking groups including women, racialized and indigenous communities, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions.
Join us at Homewood Health™ and be part of a diverse team helping Canadians live healthier, more productive and fulfilling lives.