Occupational Healthcare Provider (Part time)
City : Brandon
Category : Manufacturing
Industry : Food/Packaging
Employer : Maple Leaf Foods
Health Care Provider – Nurse, Paramedic (EMR, EMT, PCP) [ Part time]
We are looking to fill the role of a Health Care Provider with someone with a background in health sciences including nursing, emergency medical responder, health care aide, or another health-related background to work within our First Aid Station assisting to maintain, promote and restore employee health, safety and well-being. This position is responsible for the health and welfare of Maple Leaf Foods, Brandon employees as it pertains to their jobs and to promote a safe and healthy working environment. We are willing to train a suitable candidate with relevant background.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Provide first aid for occupational and non-occupational injuries and illness, including assessments, follow-ups and referral as indicated
- Assessment and delivery of comprehensive first aid/medical treatment
- Maintain confidential medical records
- Counsel employees on various health-related issues and concerns
- Facilitate and deliver health, wellness and safety education to employees
- Coordinate health surveillance programs including pre-placement health evaluations and hearing tests
- Assist employees with short and long-term disability claims and WCB claims including early intervention, administration, early and safe return to work plans
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Experience, background and/or training in a health sciences or related field
- Advantages to those with a current license/registration with the Provincial College of Nurses/Provincial Emergency Medical Services
- Advanced first aid training
- Excellent interpersonal and well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to nurture solid relationships at all levels of the organization and external to the organization.
- Strong computer skills
- Strong assessment and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with union and management personnel in a collaborative environment.