City : Guelph
Category : Part-time Hourly
Industry : *Nutrition & Food Services
Employer : Homewood Health Inc.
Make a difference in a growing, innovative mental health organization and centre of excellence in people-centered care. Work with supportive colleagues who are passionate about improving lives and champions for quality and continuous learning.
As a Nutrition Aide, you will be an integral part of a collaborative team focused on delivering seamless services and programs to our clients and customers. If you are looking for a company that is constantly moving forward in pursuit of successful outcomes, get ready to love it here!
Hours of work: Permanent part-time, up to 24 hours per week.
This is a UFCW position. Internal applications for this position within the UFCW bargaining unit must be received within 7 days of being posted to have seniority considered.
What you’ll be doing:
You'll do a wide variety of things in the kitchen including, but not limited to:
- Portion out and serve food and beverages within the dining room and/or cafeteria
- Prepare beverages and food items such as tea, coffee, and toast and also assemble items such as sandwiches and salads
- Wash dishes, pots, pans and utensils; operate dishwasher and/or pot washing machines
- Stack clean dishes and utensils; also set, clear and clean dining tables
- Perform cleaning duties such as sweeping and mopping floors, cleaning and sanitizing counter tops, sinks, machines, and equipment and spot washing walls and splash areas
- Clean, operate and maintain equipment according to safety, health and sanitation laws and guidelines standards
- Observe all Health/Safety regulations for proper food handling, personal hygiene & proper use of all equipment
What we’re looking for:
- Food Handler Certificate
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs and lift 20 lbs over the head
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Able to provide speedy, efficient, courteous, and tactful customer service while you work with other staff and function effectively in a team environment
- Ability and willingness to multitask, work effectively under pressure and flexible hours when necessary
- Evidence of good work and attendance record
- Intermediate computer skills
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our patients, staff and community from COVID-19, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, Homewood Health Centre requires that all staff have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
Why work with us
Homewood Health is Canada’s largest and leading service provider for medically focused, evidence-based treatment of mental health and addiction disorders. Our organizational culture values service excellence, integrity, collaboration and innovation. Our people make a difference!
As an equal opportunity employer, Homewood Health is committed to employment accessibility, diversity, equity and inclusion. For this reason, we encourage applications from members of equity-seeking groups including women, racialized and indigenous communities, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions.
Join us at Homewood Health™ and be part of a diverse team helping Canadians live healthier, more productive and fulfilling lives.