Nursing Administrator – Vancouver
City : Vancouver
Category : Other
Industry : Education
Employer : Sprott Shaw College
Are you motivated by using your talents to support others? Come work for one of BC’s top private colleges!
The Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing is a preparatory program that provides training for internationally educated nurses to adapt to Canadian best practices to assume entry-level nursing roles within the Canadian healthcare system. Reporting to the Campus Director and under the guidance of the Director of Nursing, the POST GRADUATE CERTIFICATE IN NURSING (PGCN) Administrator is responsible for oversight of the program and the support of PGCN Instructors and Students. Part-time teaching may be required.
- Review all candidate submissions and confirm that Prerequisites have been met and are on file: Assess nursing credentials of student applicants – TOR, Nursing Registration, Diploma, Resume ( pay attention to nursing experience; must be at least a year within the last five years), IELTS of overall 6.0
- NNAS and NCAS process and fees
- Conduct new student orientation
- Liaise with health Authorities and Industry partners to establish coop placement partnerships
- For new Coop Host, send Host letter to introduce Coop work experience and expectations.
- Monitor students who are in Coop
- Handle student inquiries and concerns
- Provide students with course schedules
- Schedule all classes: including non-core courses i.e. (And arrange access codes) SPECO/CCRS, HCAU online and Food Safe, CPR/First Aid
- Ensure program regulatory standards included in the program are met. i.e., Health Care Aide program requirements
- Hire, Assign and manage Instructors’ schedules and performance
- Conduct class observations and Instructor Reviews
- Attend to the ATRISK report to ensure that students are on track to meet program outcomes
- Ensure resources and support materials are available in accordance with program expectations
- Arrange and manage student work placements
- Ensure that marking, grading, and evaluation are timely and accurate
- Liaise with the curriculum department to ensure that content is accurate and available on the student learning platform (G2)
- Provide program-related information to sales and marketing, and admissions departments
- Arrange guest speakers
- Part-time teaching if required.
Performs other related duties as required
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing
Qualifications and Education:
- Current practicing license as an NP, RN, or RPGCN with one of the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Experience as or with internationally educated nurses
- Three (3) to five (5) years of recent, relevant practical experience.
- Knowledge of MS Office and/or database systems
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Effectively develops goals and objectives
- Demonstrating a focus on continuous improvement
- Efficiently planning and organizing
- Service Oriented Approach
- Network and Relationship Building
- High standards of ethics, a professional attitude, and commitment to quality service
What we offer
- Reimbursement of Practicing license or Professional Association Membership fees
- Tuition discount for Spouse and Children
- Long Service Awards Program
- Employer-paid training such as Indigenous Awareness and LGBTQ2+
- Reimbursement of tuition costs for attaining Adult Education Credential.
- Disability and Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended health care (Dental, Vision, paramedical)
- Flexible schedule, work-life work life balance
- Eligible to participate in a Registered Retired Savings Plan and the Deferred Profit Sharing Plan
- 5 sick and 2 personal leave days a year for full-time employees
- Education and Training allowance
Commitment to Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
Sprott Shaw College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes all applicants to apply and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity,
- Application Process: Please apply with a cover letter and resume on this site.
- Application Deadline: The position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.