Nurse Case Manager
City : Mississauga, Ontario
Category : Full time
Industry : Healthcare
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants must not apply directly to this role. All referred applicants must use their unique referral link generated when they are referred by an existing colleague.
Location:1685 Tech Ave, Mississauga, Ontario, L4W 0A7
At Shoppers Drug Mart, we’re innovating health and wellness in Canada. From prescriptions to walk-in clinics, and a beloved loyalty program, we’re caring and supporting our customers in new ways every day.
With more than 1,300 locally owned and operated stores from coast to coast, the Shoppers Drug Mart network is more than a great place to shop, it’s a great place to work. We’re committed to building our talented team who champion collaboration, kindness and inclusivity. Join our team, and help recognize a healthy future for your career and for all Canadians.
Why this role is important?
Specialty Health Network (or SHN, as we call ourselves) is a growing division of Shoppers Drug Mart, with a strong entrepreneurial spirit. We pride ourselves in having an awesome work culture and fun environment! We offer competitive salaries, a great benefit package, Shoppers Drug Mart discount, Goodlife gym discount, RRSP/Pension plans, Employee share ownership plan, professional training and development and many more perks!
Shoppers Drug Mart was acquired by Loblaw in 2014, the largest employer in Canada – making your career opportunities within our larger organization - endless!
The Case Manager, PH is responsible for a collaborative process of ongoing assessment, planning, facilitation, service coordination, evaluation, advocacy and training to meet the client/patient need through communication and available resources to promote quality cost effective outcomes.
Nature and Scope
The Case Manager, PH will: respond to patient inquiries, maintain a patient caseload, utilize effective communication skills and effective problem solving abilities as well as participate in patient teaching and education, both in a team environment as well as independently. Building good working relationships both internally and externally are key responsibilities to meet specific team and business objectives. In addition, you will attend pre-booked training sessions, complete self- learning assignments and independent studies while adhering to SDM Specialty Health Network Standard Operating Procedures, Policies, and the College of Nurses Standards of Practice.
What will you do:
- Responsible for assigned designated geographic region and/or contracted case management services within designated area.
- Act as the primary resource & contact for patients, physicians, Health Care Professionals and vendors within the designated area.
- Coordinates & facilitates the client progress from enrollment to drug administration and throughout therapy.
- Responsible for the collection and reporting of adverse events, product complaints, and product replacements based on the MAH criteria to meet Health Canada’s Guidelines for specified programs.
- Facilitate self care through the tenets of advocacy, shared decision-making and education.
- Practice cultural competence , with awareness and respect for diversity
- Ensure thorough documentation in patient file to ensure continuity of care is maintained and that any changes in patient care are clearly identified and transitioned accordingly
- Able to provide status updates related to reimbursement; coordinate nursing requirements; blood work; pharmacy dispensing / delivery / refill requests.
- Promotes communication and coordination between the MDs/pharma/patients/clinic staff and other departments within SDM Specialty Health Network
- Available as part of an on call rotation
- Available to visit clinics, provide training & build relationships on behalf of the program(s).
- Work collaboratively with the Pharma company representatives
- Respect confidentiality, advocate for patients/families to facilitate positive outcomes, and ensure that ethical issues are identified and resolved according to the Canadian Nurses Association Code of Ethics
- Participate in internal and external committees.
- Plan and implement in-services and continuing education programs for both internal and external stakeholders as requested by management.
- Demonstrate commitment to Continuous Quality Improvement.
- Maintain high standards of professional practice by adhering to the ethics of the profession and keeping abreast of the latest professional advances.
- Participate in ongoing reflective practice activities.
- Assume responsibility for personal and professional development.
- Other responsibilities as required by SDM Specialty Health Network
What do you need:
- Previous PH or ICU experience an asset
- Previous experience in pump troubleshooting an asset
- Fluently bilingual (French & English) an asset
- Five or more years direct clinical experience
- Current professional nursing license in the province of work
- BScN preferred, however, a combination of experience and education will be considered
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Previous experience with Health Canada Guidelines for reporting adverse events is an asset
- Ability to provide an organized, efficient approach to case management
- Possession of excellent skills in assessment, communication, critical thinking and decision making
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of SDM Specialty Health Network policies, legal considerations and professional ethics
- Excellent communication skills in English (bilingual French/English where needed)
- Proficiency of computer skills including: Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel and Internet Explorer); experience with web based applications (Oracle; Seibel)
- Ability to present to HCP’s and fellow colleagues
- Ability to remain objective and be a team player
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Commitment to the principle of quality client-centered service delivery
- Knowledge of theory and implementation of Continuous Quality Improvement processes
- Knowledge of case management processes
- Current BCLS, CPR certification (if in direct contact with patients)
- Use of an insured automobile for work and a valid driver’s license
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through Academy.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc., we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Employment Type:Full time
Type of Role:Regular
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.