NPI Lab Support Co-op/Intern
City : Ottawa, Ontario
Category : Fixed Term
Industry : Corporate Services
Employer : Nokia
Come create the technology that helps the world act together
We are a B2B technology innovation leader pioneering the future where networks meet cloud.
At Nokia you will have a positive impact on people’s lives and help build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and accessible world.
Be part of a culture built on an inclusive way of working where we are open to your ideas, you are empowered to take risks and are encouraged to be fearless in bringing your authentic self to work.
The pandemic has highlighted how important telecoms networks are to society. Nokia’s Network Infrastructure group is at the heart of a revolution to bring more and faster network capacity to people worldwide through our ambition, innovation, and technical expertise.
The team you will be a part of
The IP Networks Business Division provides a co-op student with the opportunity to learn and gain hands-on experience on the most advanced technologies that build the world's most critical networks. The SR TEC team (Technical Expertise Centre) is a highly specialized group providing worldwide support to customers and internal Nokia teams
Position: NPI Lab Support Co-op/Intern
Duration: 4 Months
Date: January 8th to April 26th, 2024
Location: Hybrid in Ottawa, Canada
What you will learn and contribute to
As part of the team, you will:
- Setup and maintain network topologies
- Build new servers and Virtual Machines using EXSi and Linux KVM hypervisors
- Maintain and support Windows and Linux Operating systems
- Support the lab network infrastructure
Your skills and experience
Currently a candidate for a Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Computer Science, Computer Systems Engineering, or a related field with an accredited school in Canada.
You have :
- Knowledge of IP networking
- Experience with cabling techniques
- Experience with server setup
It would be nice if you also had:
- Familiarity with Scripting/Automation
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
- Company Culture: We believe our people are our greatest asset, and we aim to foster a fun, challenging, positive, and inclusive work environment. We offer 1-on-1 mentorship, learning and development opportunities, global impact and interaction, and flexible work/life balance.
- Meaningful Co-op Term: During your co-op term, you will have the opportunity to test the latest technologies and work on innovative projects that could leave a global impact. You get to use skills learned in the classroom and apply them to real-world situations while gaining professional hands-on experience.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.