North America Enterprise Technology Services Manager (Calgary, AB, CA)
City : See posting
Category : Other
Industry : Legal Services
Employer : Dentons
Dentons is designed to be different. Our firm leads the way in a rapidly changing legal marketplace. We challenge the status quo and deliver consistent results as well as uncompromising quality and value to our clients. Our global presence is renowned with over 21,000 individuals in more than 200 offices across 82 countries.
Dentons Canada is committed to its people and communities. We are consistently recognized as an employer of choice having received numerous awards including being selected as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2023); Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2023); Canada’s Best Diversity Employers (2023); Mansfield Rule 4.0+ Certification; Chambers Diversity & Inclusion Awards, North America 2021; and Canada Law Awards for Pro Bono Initiative of the Year 2021.
This role is an opportunity for you to join the world’s largest law firm, a firm that offers opportunities to build your career while growing your skills and deepening your expertise.
Dentons is seeking a skilled and experienced manager to join our firm. As the North America Enterprise Services Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of our IT infrastructure, systems, and workloads. Your primary goal will be to ensure the smooth functioning and availability of all IT services, while also driving efficiency, security, and continuous improvement within the department.
This role is a leadership position that requires strong technical expertise, excellent communication and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to manage a team effectively.
Join our dynamic firm and play a vital role in ensuring the reliability, security, and efficiency of our IT infrastructure. If you have a passion for technology, exceptional leadership skills, and a drive for continuous improvement, we strongly encourage you to submit an application.
• Oversee IT Operations: Manage and supervise the overall IT operations, including infrastructure, systems, networks, and data centers, to ensure maximum uptime and performance.
• Team Leadership: Provide leadership, guidance, and mentoring to the IT operations team, fostering a positive work environment, and ensuring a high level of employee engagement and productivity.
• IT Service Management: Utilize and champion the effective use of IT service management processes, including incident management, change management, problem management, and service level agreements (SLAs), to ensure effective and efficient IT service delivery.
• Systems Monitoring and Maintenance: Oversight the development, implementation, and use of monitoring tools and processes to proactively identify and address potential issues and bottlenecks, minimizing downtime and disruptions and to quickly detect outages.
• IT Security and Compliance: Collaborate with the security team to establish and enforce IT security policies, standards, and procedures, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and best practices.
• Vendor Management: Manage relationships with external vendors and service providers, including participating in contract negotiations, service level agreements, and performance monitoring, to ensure quality service delivery and value for money.
• Budgeting and Resource Planning: Develop and manage the budget, forecasting expenses, and ensuring optimal allocation of resources to meet business needs.
• Continuous Improvement: Identify opportunities for process improvements, automation, and cost savings within the IT operations function, and lead initiatives to drive efficiency and effectiveness.
• Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity: Develop and maintain disaster recovery plans, backup strategies, and business continuity procedures to ensure the organization's IT systems and services are resilient and recoverable in the event of a disruption.
• Stakeholder Collaboration: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including IT leadership, project managers, and business stakeholders, to understand IT requirements and align IT operations with business goals and priorities.
Benefits We Offer
Join a firm that is recognized as one of the top 100 employers in Canada (2023)!
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Generous allowance of flex and vacation days
- RRSP matching program
- Opportunities for professional growth
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Subsidized fitness program
- Various social events and activities throughout the year
- Flexible work arrangements
*We thank all applicants who apply, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
• Relevant certifications (e.g., ITIL, PMP) are a plus.
• Proven experience (5+ years) in IT operations management, overseeing a complex IT infrastructure and managing a team.
• Strong technical knowledge across a broad range of IT domains, including infrastructure, networks, systems, and security.
• In-depth understanding of IT service management frameworks, processes, and best practices.
• Solid experience in implementing and managing IT security controls and ensuring compliance with relevant regulations (e.g., GDPR, HIPAA).
• Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to effectively manage and motivate a team, foster collaboration, and resolve conflicts.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a track record of identifying and resolving complex technical issues.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders effectively.
• Experience in budgeting, resource planning, and vendor management.
• Knowledge of industry trends and emerging technologies in IT operations.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Dentons Canada, inclusion, diversity and equity (ID&E) are not just ancillary values, they are foundational to our business. We believe that ID&E is essential to the shared success of our team and our clients. Our forward-thinking and inclusive culture supports the professional development of all our people, enhances the leading services we offer to our clients, and informs our commitment to make a positive impact in the communities where we live and work. As a testament to our commitment to ID&E, we have been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employer’s for 12 consecutive years (2011-2022), as well as one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2022) for the fifth time.
Dentons Canada is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome your application. All employment decisions, including hiring, will be made without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, colour, creed, disability, ethnic origin, family status, gender assigned at birth, gender identity, marital status, place of origin, race, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable human rights legislation.
We are committed to providing you with an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible workplace to support your success. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process, for example as a result of a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.