Noise, Vibration and Acoustics Specialist
City : MISSISSAUGA
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Noise, Vibration and Acoustics Specialist - ( 230003EM )
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We’re a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec’s Canada Central Environmental Services Practice is looking for a Noise, Vibration and Acoustics specialist to further expand our successful and growing Acoustic, Noise and Vibration team, based in our Mississauga, ON office. Our Acoustical engineers provide specialized services to a wide variety of sectors including industry, government, architecture, transportation, and buildings. Our Acoustics team offers a full suite of services for both environmental and indoor buildings acoustics, including permitting, monitoring, modeling, planning, policy studies, design, and control.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Conducting field measurements and monitoring using noise and vibration monitoring equipment
- Completing environmental and traffic noise modelling as well as vibration analysis.
- Completing technical reports for a variety of acoustical projects
- Supporting project technical leader and project managers in completing projects meeting client expectations and within provided time and budget allowance
- Participating in team training sessions and professional development
- Be proactive and motivated to meet agreed deadlines
- Coordinating with project teams (external and internal)
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience with acoustical theory, field measurement and monitoring of sound and vibration.
- Familiarity with a variety of sound and vibration measurement instruments and modeling. software (e.g., CADNA/A, TNM, STAMSON, ODEON/EASE, etc.) preferred.
- Understanding of Provincial (Ontario) and Federal regulatory requirements and guidelines preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in working in a team environment
- Working knowledge of software (e.g., Microsoft Office, CAD, etc.).
- Experience with regulatory requirements in other jurisdictions would be an asset.
- Experience in dealing with industrial, transportation, and environmental noise and vibration.
- Excellent communication (written/verbal), strategic thinking, presentation, and “people” skills.
- Diligent and detail oriented with the desire to learn.
- Able to work with a multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent time management skills to allow prioritizing tasks and maintaining manageable workload.
- Availability to conduct field work during and outside normal business hours, and for extended periods as required.
- A valid drivers’ license and access to a vehicle is required.
- Willingness for occasional travel, within Canada or internationally.
Education and Experience
- Consulting experience of 3 years (minimum) to 5 years preferred. Experience in environmental noise, transportation noise, building acoustics, monitoring/measurement and/or vibration. Professional Engineer (P.Eng., EIT) in Ontario is an asset but not required. Certified Engineering Technologist (CET) also considered asset but not required. Bachelor’s in engineering, physics or relevant science required, with a course in acoustics/noise/vibration.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Mississauga
Organization : BC-1609 EnvSvcs-CA Ontario West
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 25 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Aug 22, 2023, 6:44:09 AM
Req ID: 230003EM
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans