Noise, Vibration and Acoustics Engineer
City : Stoney Creek
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Noise, Vibration and Acoustics Engineer - ( 2300026L )
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We’re a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec’s Canada Central Environmental Services Practice is looking for an Intermediate Acoustic Engineer to further expand our successful and growing Acoustic, Noise and Vibration team, based in our Mississauga, ON office. Our Acoustical engineers provide specialized services to a wide variety of sectors including industry, government, architecture, transportation, and buildings. Our Acoustics team offers a full suite of services for both environmental and indoor buildings acoustics, including permitting, monitoring, modeling, planning, policy studies, design, and control.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Conducting technical analysis, modeling, and measurement.
- Completing and reviewing technical reports and proposals for a variety of acoustical projects and contributions to multidisciplinary assignments.
- Be proactive and motivated to meet agreed deadlines.
- Coordinating with project teams (external and internal).
- Working to assist in streamlining and standardizing methods for data collection and analysis.
- Managing projects; including budget control, client and contractor interface, final reporting etc.
- Professional and technical development through mentorship and training.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Expert in acoustical theory, field measurement and monitoring of sound and vibration.
- Familiarity with a variety of sound and vibration measurement instruments and modeling. software (e.g., CADNA/A, TNM, STAMSON, ODEON/EASE, etc.) preferred.
- Understanding of Provincial (Ontario) and Federal regulatory requirements and guidelines preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in working in a team environment and communicating with external clients.
- Working knowledge of software (e.g., Microsoft Office, CAD, etc.).
- Experience with regulatory requirements in other jurisdictions would be an asset.
- Experience in dealing with industrial, transportation, and environmental noise and vibration. Experience with managing medium to large projects in a consulting environment.
- Proven experience in successfully dealing with regulatory agencies on behalf of clients.
- Excellent communication (written/verbal), strategic thinking, negotiation, presentation, and “people” skills.
- Diligent and detail oriented with the desire to learn.
- Able to work with a multi-disciplinary team.
- Availability to conduct field work during and outside normal business hours, and for extended periods as required.
- A valid drivers’ license and access to a vehicle is required.
- Willingness for occasional travel, within Canada or internationally.
Education and Experience
- Consulting experience of 4 years (minimum) to 8 years preferred.
- Experience in environmental noise, transportation noise, building acoustics, monitoring/measurement and/or vibration.
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng., EIT) in Ontario is an asset but not required. Certified Engineering Technologist (CET) also considered asset but not required.
- Bachelor’s in engineering, physics or relevant science required, with a course in acoustics/noise/vibration.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Mississauga
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario-Stoney Creek, Canada-Ontario-Toronto, Canada-Ontario-Ottawa
Organization : BC-1609 EnvSvcs-CA Ontario West
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 25 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : May 26, 2023, 5:10:02 AM
Req ID: 2300026L
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans