City : Brampton, ON, CA
Category : Engineering
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Rogers
Our Digital & Technology team wakes up every day with one goal in mind – to connect Canadians to the people and things that matter most. Collectively, we’re proud to support 30 million Canadians each month.
We manage a robust portfolio that champions the leading edge of technology and media. We drive projects that expand connectivity to underserved communities from coast-to-coast-to-coast; build and enhance our fixed broadband network to provide high-speed Internet, TV and Smart Home Monitoring; and support our world class wireless network, offering our customers Canada’s largest and most reliable 5G network. As the Digital & Technology team, we are building our tomorrow, today.
Come play a key role in building the future of innovation in Canada, Let’s make your possible.
Do you enjoy working on high-scale, complex, and high visibility projects and programs? If yes, consider the following opportunity:
Rogers is at the forefront of technology in Canada with many first that shape the life and future of Canadian’s digital life. We need innovative and analytical minds to be part of the evolution of Network Operations to meet customer’s technological needs. As a NOC Specialists, you protect our customer’s experience by ensuring the services Rogers provides perform optimally. You thrive in a fast pace and dynamic environment, adapt to different priorities, capitalizing your great communication skills to drive resolution of incidents.
What you will be doing:
- Tier 3 support for Wireless Data and Voice services for residential and business customers
- Work in a 24/7/365 environment in a rotating schedule
- Perform Incident management function including Surveillance, triage and resolution
- Monitor change control activities to ensure all planned network events are as transparent as possible to customers
- Troubleshoot complex problems spanning various network and platforms
- Collaborate with Operations teams, Engineering groups, 3rd party carriers and Customer facing groups
- Assist in the implementation and testing of new services and platforms and ensure successful completion of assigned projects
- Embrace automation culture and innovation which drives efficiency and continuous improvement
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders from various backgrounds and levels of expertise
- Analyze data, identify trends, draw insights and present complex information. Proficient in tool such as, PowerPoint, Excel, PowerBI, Splunk and other data visualization software
What you have:
- Technical Diploma, Electronics Engineering, Technician or Technologist and/or equivalent work experience preferred
- Excellent diagnostic, analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Experience in a Network Management environment is preferred
- Exposure to Telecommunications
- Knowledge of networking and Linux server administration
- Excellent knowledge of 5G Core, EPC, IMS Core platforms and other services
- You thrive in an environment where collaboration and teamwork bring together a diverse set of talents and skills to solve complex problems
Schedule: Full time