NOC Operations Administrator I
City : Waterloo
Category : Software & Systems
Industry : IT
Employer : BlackBerry
The NOC team:
- Actively monitors the BlackBerry Infrastructure
- Resolves any incidents which occur and ensure these are responded to promptly, professionally and within agreed Service Level Agreements.
- Proactively performs scheduled changes within specified maintenance windows ensuring the BlackBerry Infrastructure is always up to date and running at optimum efficiency.
The NOC Team consists of Operations Managers, Shift Leads, and Operations Administrators.
As a BlackBerry NOC Operations Administrator you will:
- Monitor the Blackberry Infrastructure using a variety of tools and react to resolve any alerts which may arise.
- Work as part of a team to log and resolve any incidents ensuring that strict Service Level Agreements are met at all times.
- Escalate any incidents that cannot be resolved within specified times frames to the relevant Operations or Engineering groups and work with them as a team until the incident is resolved.
- Document and record steps taken towards resolution of an incident and add this to the knowledge database for future referral.
- Ensure the upkeep and continuous improvement of the BlackBerry Infrastructure by performing periodic maintenance.
- Act as the first point of contact for any network related problems between the BlackBerry NOC and the carrier partner’s NOC.
- Act as the second point of contact for any customer related problems which are raised with the BlackBerry Care organization and then escalated to the BlackBerry NOC.
- Actively participate in, and suggest, projects to improve the environment
- Work a rotating 12 hour shift pattern
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Post-secondary diploma in Computer Systems, Systems Administration, or a related discipline
- Relevant experience in an IT Administration or Network Operations setting
- Experience with Windows, Linux, Cloud based technologies (AWS, Azure), and Networking technology
- Good communication skills and a positive attitude are required
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software related issues
- Work well in a team environment
- Flexibility to work a rotating shift including overnights and weekends is mandatory
- Experience with JIRA
- Experience with Incident and Change Management
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40