City : Banff
Category : Guest Services
Industry : Charitable and Non-profit
Employer : Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity
Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity aims to inspire everyone who attends our campus – artists, leaders, and thinkers – to unleash their creative potential.
Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity acknowledges, with deep respect and gratitude, our home on the side of Sacred Buffalo Guardian Mountain. In the spirit of respect and truth, we honour and acknowledge the Banff area, known as “Minhrpa” (translated in Stoney Nakoda as “the waterfalls”) and the Treaty 7 territory and oral practices of the Îyârhe Nakoda (Stoney Nakoda) – comprised of the Bearspaw, Chiniki, and Goodstoney First Nations – as well as the Tsuut’ina First Nation and the Blackfoot Confederacy comprised of the Siksika, Piikani, Kainai. We acknowledge that this territory is home to the Shuswap Nations, Ktunaxa Nations, and Metis Nation of Alberta, Region 3. We acknowledge all Nations who live, work, and play, help us steward this land, and honour and celebrate this place.
As a Night Auditor, you will be responsible for the efficient check-in and out of all guests staying on property, while passing on all appropriate information. You will be accountable for a cash float, daily audit of all food and beverage outlets and audit reports, making changes to guests’ stay and keeping our Housekeeping team informed of these changes and any special requests. You will also act as a Switchboard Operator, and dispatch assistance to emergency calls and situations as required .
- Accountable for a cash float
- Effective check in and check out of Banff Centre guests
- Daily reconciliation of outstanding arrival/departure traffic and any irregular room rates
- Provide a high level of customer service to both external and internal clientele
- Act as Switchboard Operator
- React responsibly and promptly in addressing guest complaints
- Respond to emergency calls and situations as required
- Daily audit of all Food and Beverage outlets and distribution of audit reports
- Daily posting of guest room and tax charges and the monitoring thereof
- Daily report gathering and reset of the S&C and Visual One PMS system
- Preparation of Front Desk for next day’s business
- Other related duties as assigned by duly appointed supervisor
Qualification and Educational Requirements
- Solid previous experience in a customer-service position
- Previous computer/office experience
- Experience in basic accounting principles
- Previous Night Audit experience is an asset
- Comfortable working knowledge of MS Office and point of sales machines.
- Available for shift work, overtime, and split-shifts as needed.
Candidates offered a position with the Centre, in this capacity, will be required to obtain a criminal record check, verifying a clear record before a final job offer can be made.
This position must be flexible for scheduling purposes as shifts will normally include weekends and Public Holidays.
Shift hours will remain constant: 11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
Employment Terms & Benefits
- In accordance with CUPE 4318, this is a unionized, hourly support staff position, subject to a 500 hour probationary period.
- This position pays $19.47 per hour working up to 40 hours per week on a rotating schedule. Hourly employees who are on shift are eligible for a shift premium of $1.50 per hour for each hour worked at regular rates between 12 a.m and 6 a.m, The weekly hours will vary based on departmental workload.
- Benefits of working at Banff Centre are:
- Staff housing options (based on availability)
- Onsite fitness facility at a discounted rate
- Professional development
- Staff cafeteria and restaurant discounts
- We are accepting applications for the Night Auditor position until a suitable candidate has been found.
- Candidates offered a position with Banff Centre, in this capacity, will be required to obtain a criminal record check verifying a clear record before a final job offer can be finalized.
- Visa Requirements: Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Banff Centre is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
All Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity Employees are encouraged to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.