New Home Technician (Handyperson) – Warranty
City : Pickering, Canada
Category : Full-Time
Industry : Warranty Service
Employer : Mattamy Homes
GTA East & Brampton – Ontario
Mattamy Homes Canada
Warranty Service – GTA Low Rise Division
Warranty Service Manager
When it comes to forward-thinking homebuilding and thoughtfully planned communities, Canadians think of Mattamy Homes. And that success is centred on a foundation of great people, because our team is as solid as they come. At Mattamy, we are optimistic, hardworking and supportive. Together we learn and grow as we strive to create a positive impact in the homebuilding industry. Contributing to the Mattamy Way means being surrounded by caring people who encourage you to be exactly who you are. It means your opinion is invited and your contributions count. And it means a career filled with pride, knowing you’re part of an environmentally-conscious, action-oriented organization with big plans for the future. The opportunity to bring the future of living to homeowners based on what Canadians value is exciting – and we’re making it happen.
Learn more about what makes working at Mattamy special and our award-winning culture.
What we offer
In accordance with the high standards and integrity of the Mattamy organization, as well as adherence to generally accepted building practices, the New Home Technician actively supports the Company Mission of The Best Homeowner Experience by completing warranty service repairs in homes following homeowner possession. The New Home Technician strives to use efficient and high-quality results, as well as a strong customer service orientation throughout every touch point with the home and the Homeowner.
What you’ll do
- Fix and eliminate warranted deficiency items as noted on Homeowner 30 day, 1st year, & 2nd year Warranty forms;
- Review service warranty lists with homeowners – explaining which item will be rectified immediately and why
- Advise of process to assign work to trades at a later date
- Obtaining homeowners signature on completed items
- Respond and resolve Homeowner emergency calls such as roof or plumbing leaks
- Preparing materials required to complete service work prior to visiting homeowners
- Providing a list of required materials and supplies to direct supervisor on weekly basis
- Meet regularly with direct supervisor at designated times to discuss completed work and work to be assigned to trades
- Review work orders on a proactive and daily basis
- Develop a constructive and helpful working relationship with homeowners
What you bring
- Basic arithmetic skills, for example, in taking measurements, is essential.
- Several years’ experience in residential/commercial construction industry, or experience in the renovations/repairs business.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency in multiple trades functions such as carpentry, drywall, painting, etc. is a requirement, as is knowledge of various tools and equipment.
- Comfortable in the use of technology – smartphones, tablets or computers to record, review and communicate information related to deficiency lists.
- Flexible, with the willingness and ability to travel daily to assigned sites and to work at locations across the division.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, regular access to a vehicle and provide own tools.
- Completion of High school education level or higher is preferred, but not required.
We encourage applicants who meet most of the role requirements to hit that submit button and apply! It’s okay if you don’t have 100% of the requirements. If you’re the right candidate, we’ll help you learn and grow.
Who we are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with 40-plus years of history across Canada and the United States. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In Canada, our communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton.
Be yourself. We want it that way.
At Mattamy, we're passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important to the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues, and communities. From how we build our teams to cultivating our leaders, we're on a journey toward a welcoming, barrier-free culture for everyone.
Mattamy Homes Canada is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any aspects of the selection process, please notify us on your application and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.