New Grad: Digital Communications Designer
City : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Category : Engineering
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Ciena
Since 1992, Ciena has been driven by a relentless pursuit of network innovation. We believe in a network that grows smarter, more agile, and more responsive every day. This means that when you digitally interact in your world - picking up the phone, streaming video, texting a friend or loved one – your interactions are being enabled by Ciena technologies. Ciena makes your social / entertainment / business existence REAL.
What will you do at Ciena?
Ciena is recognized as a leading supplier of state-of-the-art coherent optical modem technology, and a key part of this technology lies in our custom DSP (digital signal processing). Join the WaveLogic Science Team to create and analyze digital algorithms for next generation high-speed optical systems.
• Create and analyze digital algorithms for next-generation high-speed optical communication systems.
• Work closely with the Modem Signal Processing Team on the implementation of digital algorithms in Ciena products.
• Analyze questions in your areas of knowledge which would be a subset of: communications theory, probability, optical physics, control theory, and high-speed algorithms.
• Create innovative solutions that can be implemented in CMOS.
• Model in Matlab.
• Independently plan and schedule work.
• Test at 400 Gb/s and beyond in the lab.
• Learn new mathematical areas.
Collaboration with stakeholders
• Interface and collaborate with DSP, hardware, firmware, electro-optic, systems and lab teams.
• Provide feedback & suggestions on existing designs; contribute ideas to improve design procedures.
Areas of impact
• Key DSP technology to enable state-of-the-art coherent optical modem development.
• Post-graduate degree in Math, Physics, or Engineering with focus on DSP, communications, or control theory.
• Must have Matlab experience.
• C++, C, SystemC, CatapultC, Verilog, HTML experience would be an asset.