LOCATION: Calgary, Alberta (CA-AB)
JOB NUMBER: 29332
Why you should join us:
Do you have an interest and aptitude to actively pursue continuous learning and maintain technological currency? This position leads a team effectively through conflicting and rapidly changing business priorities within in a multi-disciplinary environment, and provides key input into future infrastructure network strategy and identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities. You will also lead the planning that is required to prepare for implementation changes that support strategy and continuous improvement initiatives.
You will use your expertise to:
- Ensure efficient operations of infrastructure network services is used across the enterprise
- Participate as a member of our network operations leadership team, which governs a global team of outsource service providers who are responsible for the operations and maintenance of a broad scope of network related assets and technologies
- Govern outsourced vendor management, with the goal of achieving the best performance and quality while reducing cost
- Govern network technology actions through efficiency processes, and manage the planning and execution of all release management activities
- Standardize configurations to reduce risk and/or provide new network feature capabilities
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the plan for network technologies and services to meet or exceed technical and security standards and policies
- Ensure critical network infrastructure meets disaster recovery requirements
- Manage the original equipment manufacturer relationship in the delivery and support of infrastructure, and ensure network vendor support aligns with business expectations
We’d like to review your application if you have…
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
- 10 years of infrastructure operations experience
- Five years of experience leading technology teams
- A post-secondary education in a technical field or equivalent work experience
- A High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Good technical knowledge of an enterprise level network, with specific knowledge in WAN/LAN, MPLS, optimization, load balancing, satellite, cloud computing, routing, switching, QOS, TCP/IP and IaaS
- Good vendor management skills to successfully lead an outcome-based outsource agreement or statement of work
- Strong analytical skills that enable you to translate customer needs into information systems business requirements while effectively managing resistance to change
- Strong conflict identification and resolution skills
- Alignment with our values of: safety above all else, respect, raise the bar, commitments matter and do the right thing
- Oil and gas industry experience
- Information technology infrastructure library (ITIL) foundation certification
Where you’ll be working, your work schedule, and other meaningful information:
- You will work out of our Calgary head office, located in the Suncor Energy Centre at 150 – 6th Ave S.W.
- Hours of work are typically a 40-hour work week, Monday to Friday, with additional hours worked based on the business needs
- Some travel may be required on an infrequent basis to Suncor’s operating sites
We are Canada's leading integrated energy company with a business portfolio that includes oil sands development and upgrading, offshore oil and gas production, petroleum refining, and product marketing under the Petro-Canada brand. Our global presence offers rewarding opportunities for you to learn, contribute, and grow in a variety of career-building positions. We live by the value of safety above all else – do it safely, or don’t do it. Our strong track record of growth and a focus on sustainability mean tremendous potential for the future. Learn about our mission, vision and values.
In addition to rewarding job opportunities, we offer an attractive employee package, including:
- Competitive base salary, compensation programs, and an annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Stay connected to us:
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request. Check out our social goal to learn how we are working to build greater mutual trust and respect with the Indigenous Peoples in Canada.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so don't delay, apply now.
JOB CATEGORY: Business Professionals