City : Toronto
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Network Specialist - ( 220001QY )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that accomplishes operational excellence. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our 25,000 team members in over 400 locations worldwide are vital to making our Company stronger.
We are currently looking for a Network Specialist primarily focused on datacenter environments.
You are inventive and passionate about technologies, enjoy working with others in a respectful and knowledge-sharing workplace environment. You must be resourceful, analytical in solving problems, and an effective communicator.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Support, configure, maintain, and upgrade network devices, including but not limited to firewalls, load-balancers, switches.
- Monitor network availability and performance. Review alerts and notifications from monitoring systems and diagnose issues.
- Perform timely response and technical support to all incidents, requests, outages, and alerts.
- Analyze technical and operational problems. Work with internal technical teams and/or vendor representatives to resolve problems.
- Optimize the network to meet performance, capacity, and security requirements.
- Recommend, schedule and perform network improvements, upgrades and repairs.
- Produce network implementation and migration plans. Implement network solutions in the enterprise environment.
- Develop and maintain the documentation to ensure changing requirements and technologies are captured and communicated.
- Assist in capacity planning, networking devices procurement and support renewal.
- Participate in an on-call rotation to provide support for network related issues.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong foundation of networking concepts, including layer 4-7 firewalls, IPSec and SSL VPNs, routing, switching and load balancers.
- Understanding of general IT concepts and technologies including cloud computing, virtualization, server platforms, and security.
- Significant experience in deploying and troubleshooting large scale, complex enterprise networks.
- Extensive experience with configuration of security appliances, switches, routers, etc. (Palo Alto, F5 and Juniper products).
- Understanding of core networking protocols including TCP, UDP, DNS, TLS, etc.
- Ability to work autonomously, multi-task in a fast-paced team environment, manage multiple escalated support incidents under tight timelines.
- Proactive and able to identify risks and address potential problems before they occur.
- Good organizational and logical thinking skills.
- Strong documentation skills with detail and accuracy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Embraces a collaborative culture.
- Linux and network automation scripting experience are an asset.
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience in Network Administration or related field.
- 5-7 years of related experience.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Other Locations : Canada-British Columbia-Victoria, Canada-Alberta-Calgary, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver, Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Job : Network Administration
Organization : BC-1374 IT Services-Corporate-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : May 19, 2022, 12:37:22 PM
Req ID: 220001QY
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans