Network & Security Practice, Product Owner
City : Montreal, Quebec
Category : Technology
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Bell
Are you ready to grow your career by taking on a new role at Bell? We always look for qualified internal applicants within our own team to support their development.
Our Bell Business Markets team enables the digital transformation of businesses and governments nationwide through solutions in areas including Internet and private networks, voice and unified communications, contact centre, security, Internet of Things, data centre and cloud. We’re proud to be Canada’s leading provider of broadband network and communication services for businesses and governments.
Do you know someone who would be perfect for this opportunity? If you refer a qualified candidate who is not a current Bell employee and they are hired, you may be eligible to receive a referral bonus! Simply look for the referral hashtag in the job description to see if this role qualifies.
- Develop and manage the Network & Security Practice product backlog thorough understanding of the product vision and roadmap
- Develop and communicate product backlog for the assigned portfolio to project team members, stakeholders, and executives.
- Act as the internal champion for their portfolio
- Update and manage the product backlog to prioritize the flow of development work to meet defined release target dates.
- Coach & mentor non-direct reports (project team members)
- Engage with stakeholders at different levels internally to manage the development program (i.e. technology, IT, leadership, etc.)
- Drive innovation and simplicity, ability to identify opportunities and drive improvements, standardization, and enablers to improving product experience.
- 5+ years of experience in product management/development or business development; experience in technology is an asset
- Working knowledge of Scrum and Agile principles is an asset.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Mathematics, or Computer Science or relevant experience
- Project Management experience
- Product Management / Owner or Business Development experience with some or all of the following products and services - SDN, NFV, MPLS, IP VPN, Internet, SD-WAN, SASE, Firewalls, etc.
- Excellent verbal communication, presentation skills, and writing proficiency.
- High energy, proactive and self-motivated, successful leading, and working across a matrix organization
- Ability to foster innovation and drive change
- Excel at presentations to internal audiences at various organizational levels
- Ability to understand process documents and
- Ambitious and passionate, always seeking a new opportunities and removing obstacles
- Passion for growth and the customer experience
- Ability to leverage financial data, analytics, and quantitative methods to inform and influence decision-making
- Manage project financials including budgeting, forecasting, and tracking of costs.
- Bilingualism in French and English would be a strong asset
- Familiarity with Visio, JIRA, and Confluence would be an asset
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax || Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 03/03/2023
All team members are expected to reside in Canada and within a reasonable commuting distance from their work location to ensure that they are able to come to the office as required, whether the visit is planned or unplanned.
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.