Network and system administrator, Cablevision,
City : Val-d'Or, Quebec
Category : Technology
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Bell
As the largest high-tech team in Canada, Network and Technology Services builds cutting edge fibre and 5G networks that drive how Canadians connect with each other and the world! Our team is at the forefront of developing Bell’s leading products and services: Fibe TV and Internet, Wireless, Smart Home, cloud, security and IoT. We enable the delivery of the best content from Crave, TSN/RDS, iHeart Radio and dozens of other leading media properties to our customers any time, on any device.
The network administrator will be required to engineer, install, support and decommission the IT infrastructure equipment of the company and support its operations.
- Install, support and decommission specialized equipment at the core of IT operations the company. – 20%
- Does the planning and engineering processes in regards to IT technological advancements of the company. – 30%
- Support all the company IT assets including virtual and physical switches, storage units, servers, firewall and all related elements. – 20%
- Ensure smooth operation of IT equipment in the Central Offices and correct any situation while making sure the service availability meets the company criteria. – 20%
- Deploy and maintain any automation script under its control. – 10%
- College degree or Bachelor in electronics or in IT
- 4 years of experience in information technologies (IT)
- Advanced knowledge of virtualisation technologies, server platforms, storage units and IP networking
- Strong experience in IT, Windows and Linux servers. Capacity to create and maintain documentation and script via popular languages and formats
- Bilingualism French and English, professional relationships with English speaking vendors outside Quebec
- Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec
- Be available to respond to emergency calls in the evenings and weekends
- Have a sense of organization, commitment, autonomy; initiative
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to work in emergency situations
- Strong analyzing skill
- Strong skills in time management
- Creative and technical skills
- Have a commitment to quality and a keen interest to improve
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Non Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Val-d'Or
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 05/21/2023
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, QC, Val-d'Or
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.