City : Dartmouth
Category : Engineering & Science
Industry : Machinery manufacturing
Employer : J.D. Irving
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for NDT TECHNICIANS to support the Dartmouth, Nova Scotia office. This role provides variety and challenge, as well as growth and leadership development opportunities for the right candidate. It also presents an opportunity to work full time in HRM with only occasional travel required.
CFM is an inclusive and diverse work environment. We are committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees, candidates, and customers. We encourage qualified applications from members of racialized groups, women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous persons, and persons of the 2SLGBTQ+ community.
Key Accountabilities Include:
- The NDE Technician is responsible for safely and accurately conducting non-destructive testing
- Set up and calibrate equipment
- Conduct tests with appropriate NDT technique(s)
- Interpret, evaluate, and document results
- Must be thoroughly familiar with the scope and limitations of the method in which certified
- Must be familiar with the codes, standards and other contractual documents that control the method as utilized by the employer
- Work with minimal supervision
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Obtain and analyze information skillfully
- Edit and present numerical data effectively
- Prepare ROWPs and interact with clients
- Other related duties as required
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- CGSB certification in all NDT methods (Level I or Level II MT/PT/UT//RT)
- CEDO, RT and UT preferred, CWB and API Certifications would be an asset
- Technical background in NDT methods and procedures, and knowledge of NDT equipment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively perform assigned NDT tasks
- Ability to maintain positive working relations with co-workers and clients
- Attention to details and accurate reporting
- Strong work ethic
- Exceptional safety and quality awareness
- Able to do physical work
CFM is an integrated provider of support to the world’s most demanding industries. We manufacture, service, and install our customers highly specialized system. We have multiple facilities in New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Newfoundland to serve Atlantic Canada, the North Eastern US, and the World.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Custom Fabricators & Machinists Limited committed to creating accessible environments for our colleagues, candidates, and customers. Requests for accommodation due to a disability (which may be visible or invisible, temporary, or permanent) can be made at any stage of application and employment. We encourage candidates to make their accommodation needs known so that we can provide equitable opportunities.