NDT Team Lead
City : Dartmouth
Category : Engineering & Science
Industry : Machinery manufacturing
Employer : J.D. Irving
NDT Team Lead
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for an NDT Lead to support the Dartmouth, Nova Scotia office. This role provides variety and challenge, as well as growth and leadership development opportunities for the right candidate. It also presents an opportunity to work full time in HRM with only occasional travel required.
CFM is an inclusive and diverse work environment. We are committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees, candidates, and customers. We encourage qualified applications from members of racialized groups, women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous persons, and persons of the 2SLGBTQ+ community.
Key Accountabilities Include:
- The NDT Lead is responsible for the safety and performance of the NS team.
- Supervision of a team of 8-12 technicians.
- Dispatching crews as required.
- Communicate with customers and resolves issues as required.
- Must be familiar with the scope and limitations of the various NDT methods.
- Must be familiar with the codes, standards and other contractual documents that control the method as utilized by the employer.
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Review timesheets and reports as required.
- Other related duties as required.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Technical background in NDT methods and procedures, and knowledge of NDT equipment.
- Engineering Technology diploma or Engineering degree preferred.
- CGSB Certifications would be considered an asset but not required.
- Ability to maintain positive working relations with co-workers and clients.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Teams.
- Strong work ethic.
- Exceptional safety and quality awareness.
CFM is an integrated provider of support to the world’s most demanding industries. We manufacture, service, and install our customers highly specialized system. We have multiple facilities in New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Newfoundland to serve Atlantic Canada, the North Eastern US, and the World.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Custom Fabricators & Machinists Limited committed to creating accessible environments for our colleagues, candidates, and customers. Requests for accommodation due to a disability (which may be visible or invisible, temporary, or permanent) can be made at any stage of application and employment. We encourage candidates to make their accommodation needs known so that we can provide equitable opportunities.