National Business Sales Advisor
City : Victoria, Nanaimo, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg
Category : Full-time
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Shaw
A little about us
What we do at Shaw matters - in a world where being connected has never been more critical, we bring the best wireline and wireless technology and solutions together to create exceptional customer experiences. Every day we help millions of Canadians live their best-connected lives through the strength, capacity and combined power of our Fast LTE and Fibre+ networks. At Shaw we say we’re brighter together, and we believe it’s the diverse mix of brilliant people here that really makes us shine. When you join our team, you’ll see we are so much more than just a company. Shaw connects you with limitless opportunity, an incredible culture, career development and a great benefits package. We are a friendly, collaborative group, and we have a lot of fun finding new ways to delight our customers. Come dream bigger and brighter with Shaw.
As a National Business Sales Advisor you will answer inbound calls from new and existing SMB customers and make outbound calls to current and prospective clients with a focus on generating net new and cross sell/upsell revenue by promoting the features, benefits, and advantages of Shaw Business products and services.
A typical day
• This is a hybrid inbound/outbound role with approximately 50% inbound and 50% outbound calling
• Provide pleasant and professional customer experience over the telephone to current and potential customers
• Process customer inquiries and requests for new service, changes in service, disconnects, specialty services and equipment purchases
• Act as a Trusted Advisor on every call to discover opportunities to promote and sell Shaw Business products, and ensure that each customer is matched with the best fit for their pain points and needs
• Prepare and coordinate contracts for Business services
• Achieve revenue and performance targets
• Resolve customer concerns, reaching solutions that are mutually beneficial to customers and Shaw
• Provide billing explanations to customers
• One year of experience in an outbound B2B hunting role, or equivalent combination of proactive B2C sales experience and training
• Highly process oriented
• Proven sales success – ability to hit and exceed sales targets and other KPIs
• Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Agile and able to adapt to a consistently changing environment
• Excellent professional communication (written and verbal), active listening, and interpersonal skills
• Attention to detail and results oriented
• Knowledge of UD, SDP, CBS, COMX, and Shaw’s Internal Processes is an asset
• Funnel management experience is an asset
• Hunting/prospecting/lead generation experience is an asset
• This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check
• Is travel required? No
At Shaw, we believe diversity and inclusion are integral to the continued growth and success of our entire company. We believe diversity and inclusion enhances our Company’s culture and creates a sense of belonging where people feel comfortable bringing their true selves to work. This in turn promotes innovation through harnessing the variety of experiences, thoughts, and perspectives our employees have to offer. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, age, or any other identifying characteristic.
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.