MxU & Drops Designer
City : Vancouver, BC; Edmonton, AB; Calgary, AB
Category : Full time Design Engineering
Industry : Construction
Employer : Ledcor Group
Job Summary:You have a passion for fiber-optic communications infrastructure, and you’re interested in a role supporting the design and construction of passive optical networks. At Ledcor, you will be an integral part of the Falcon project team and will design GPON networks using a variety of tools. You will collaborate with both design and construction team members, reporting to the Design Lead. You will be assisting construction staff with safety and quality control and ensuring that constructability issues are incorporated into the network designs.
Join the Ledcor Technical Services team in BC or AB!
- Design GPON networks (outside plant and multi-tenant structure inside plant)
- Cost estimating and materials forecasting.
- Review design drawings prepared by others for design compliance and constructability.
- Respond to construction queries.
- Work with field crews to identify opportunities to improve design standards, construction practices, and quality assurance procedures
- Perform general administrative and recordkeeping functions including the review and distribution of documentation; preparation of correspondence and meeting minutes; maintenance of files, logs, drawings, specifications and submittals
- Partner closely with Engineering, Construction, and other departments
- Work from customer drawings, company drawings, vendor drawings or specifications
- Graduate from a technical college or university program (preferably in one of the following areas: civil, electrical/telecommunications, drafting)
- 0 to 3 years’ experience working in telecommunications or related field.
- Strong computer skills with an aptitude for learning new programs; experience with AutoCAD and/or GIS, Visio, Excel and other MS Office applications would be an asset
- Able to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders and interpret their needs.
- Working knowledge of construction or telecom documents, drawings, specifications and current construction practices and methodology
- Willingness to contribute actively to team discussions, sharing experiences and ideas.
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Successful completion of a criminal background check
- Must have and maintain a clean driving record.
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.