Municipal Market Leader, Transportation
City : STONEY CREEK
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Municipal Market Leader, Transportation - ( 230003MW )
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving—whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Stantec is seeking a Municipal Market Leader in our Transportation group to help us grow in Southwestern Ontario. The ideal candidate will have strong municipal roadway and infrastructure project experience, and well-established client relationships with the City of Hamilton, Halton Region, Waterloo Region, Niagara Region, and other local municipalities.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Account management and business development
- Proposal preparation and pursuit management
- Team management, including recruiting, mentoring, and leading by example, encouraging innovation, providing opportunities, etc.
- Collaborating with other Transportation Leaders and Project Managers to identify staffing, equipment, and training requirements
- Project management, including scope of work preparation, budgeting, invoicing, scheduling, coordination of projects between disciplines, etc.
- Supporting the Stantec Quality Management System, and promoting Stantec’s Environmental Health & Safety program
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong leadership skills
- Business development acumen
- Proven Project Management Experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of relevant roadway and highway design guides, such as the TAC Geometric Design Guide, local client design guides, and the MTO Geometric Design Guide for Ontario Highways
- Familiarity with roadway design related software such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D, MicroStation, and InRoads
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, or related field or demonstrated equivalent combination of education, skills, knowledge, abilities and experience
- Ontario P.Eng. with 15 or more years of municipal roadway design experience
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.The experience will forever shape your future. #FeelingEnergized
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Stoney Creek
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario-Waterloo
Organization : BC-1650 Transpt-CA Ontario West
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Manager
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Sep 15, 2023, 9:34:55 AM
Req ID: 230003MW
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans