Multi Media Account Manager- Rogers Sports & Media
City : Kitchener, ON, CA
Category : Account Management
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Rogers
Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team – and that’s exactly what we’re building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch the lives of 30 million Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We’re also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion – find out more at www.allinforequity.ca.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
We are looking for a dynamic sales and marketing professional to join our team based in Kitchener, ON.
If you're the successful candidate you would manage an existing list of valued advertisers plus develop new opportunities with both local and multi-market businesses and/or their media buyers. You would have a powerful suite of Digital, Radio, Television and Out-of-Home assets to work with to build integrated marketing strategies. This portfolio includes data-driven Advanced Advertising solutions. You would also have market-dominant local audio brands that are well connected to their audiences in markets across the country. In Kitchener those include CHYM FM, COUNTRY 106.7, CityNews 570 and CityNews's hyper-local Digital platform - Kitchener.CityNews.ca. You would have access to Canada's best sports content from Sportsnet, Sportsnet NOW, CBC's Hockey Night in Canada, NHL.com, Blue Jays Baseball and more. And this is just the tip of the iceberg.
What you will do:
- Develop advertising sales across multiple platforms including Digital, Radio, Television and Out-of-Home
- Develop creative and revenue-generating strategies to attract prospective clients
- Meet and exceed monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets
- Provide best in class customer service to new and existing clients
- Present innovative sales opportunities to small, medium and large clients
- Write professional and comprehensive sales presentations
- Collaborate with interlocking teams to efficiently serve customers and drive revenue
- Manage a CRM (Salesforce) database to efficiently track all sales activity along with client contact information
- Network to foster new relationships
- Participate in ongoing marketing and sales training
- Service client base in a professional manner consistent with Rogers Sports & Media's values
What you will bring:
- Previous media sales experience required, with Digital media experience a definite asset
- Excellent presentation skills both written and verbal
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Self-motivating and results-oriented
- Proven sales track record
- Working knowledge of the media industry
- Working knowledge of OMS (Wide Orbit, S4M, Operative1) an asset
- Working knowledge of Salesforce
- Must be able to multi task and work with multiple deadlines
- Ability to be flexible and work within a changing environment
- Highly organized
- Innovative thinker
- Self-starter with energy, discipline and enthusiasm
Here's what you can expect in return:
- A competitive salary and benefits that include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks including 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the "what" and the "how
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 230 - 1B The Boardwalk (102), Kitchener, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Sales & Account Management
Requisition ID: 233561
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media