MSL Respiratory, Eastern Canada (Ontario or Quebec)
City : 7333 Mississauga Road North
Category : Other
Industry : Healthcare
Employer : GSK
Posted Date: Oct 24 2023
GSK medical science liaison (MSL), your role will function as a key scientific resource for Canadian respiratory specialists. Some of your responsibilities will include responding to requests for in-depth, innovative scientific information in the field of respiratory, including the most recent findings from scientific conferences, the most recent publications in scholarly journals, and GSK's pipeline. You will also be responsible for gathering insights from external experts and the environment to support GSK’s research efforts as well inform overall strategy. The MSL role can directly drive impact on the future of healthcare by enhancing the scientific understanding and exchange of knowledge with external experts, supporting optimal care for the people living with autoimmune diseases in Canada.
You will be expected to…
- Identify, establish, and maintain scientific peer-to-peer relationships with key external experts in respiratory through providing scientific exchange and driving impact for patients with the highest industry standards following GSK values, policies, standards, applicable laws, and regulations.
- Be the scientific field-based expert in respiratory in the territory and maintain a deep understanding and knowledge of diseases, treatments, and the competitive landscape to ensure excellent scientific dialogue and clinical knowledge translation.
- Be agile and adaptable to provide value across a continuum of both internal and external stakeholders in a non-promotional manner and be responsive to unsolicited scientific and medical information inquires.
- Serve as the primary interface between the healthcare community within your territory and the internal GSK teams to gather insights that inform current and future business strategies.
- Attend and provide scientific support at medical exhibits and scientific sessions at regional, national, and international medical conferences as needed.
- Provide scientific training for GSK sales representatives regarding GSK products and the conditions they treat utilizing approved sales training materials.
- An advanced post-graduate scientific degree (MD, Ph.D., PharmD), a valid Canadian driver’s license, and strong fluency in English and French (scientific and technical) is required for this position.
- Exceptional aptitude to apply and leverage scientific and medical information while establishing scientific credibility through peer-to-peer discussion and debate is essential.
- Excellent public speaker, with outstanding scientific presentation skills
- Excellent people skills with a focus on teamwork and strategic execution of medical affairs plan in your respective territory.
- Knowledge of regulations governing medical information exchange with healthcare professionals within the Canadian pharmaceutical environment.
- Sound negotiation, leadership, and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with reimbursement processes in Canada
- Ability to work independently and ability to travel throughout the territory up to 70%
- Previous experience in respiratory (+2 years) in a medical affairs position with established relationships/connections with associated healthcare professionals is preferred.
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organization where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to positively impact the health of 2.5 billion people by the end of 2030.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We’re committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
GSK is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals to apply to our career opportunities. GSK is committed to accommodating persons with disabilities. If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not send resumes to this e-mail and instead apply through the online application process of this posting.
As a health and science-based organization, GSK is committed to following the recommendations as set out by Health Canada and taking all necessary steps to help curb the spread of COVID-19 which includes getting the COVID-19 vaccine. We feel strongly that this is the best way to help protect those we value most: our employees, families, communities and the patients and consumers we serve. To that end, we are taking an important step to ensure the safety of our employees during this global public health crisis.
Only employees who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 may attend our Mississauga and Laval corporate offices. In addition, all customer-facing employees who, as part of their job, attend healthcare settings such as hospitals, pharmacies, doctors’ offices and dentists’ offices will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Notwithstanding the foregoing, employees may seek an accommodation for human rights-related reasons, including medical or disability-related conditions, or religious beliefs.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.