City : Winnipeg
Category : Other
Industry : Food
Employer : Maple Leaf Foods
We are proud of our roots, which we can trace back over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we work to reconnect families with the goodness of food. We are helping to transform the world’s food system so that it can survive, and thrive, for generations to come.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong, values-based culture, where dedicated employees take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, our customers and our communities. Our 11,500 employees thrive in an engaging, open and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and responsibility. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
The MRO/Maintenance Coordinator is responsible for the Preventive Maintenance Program and communicates between production and maintenance and will ensure equipment is maintained with minimal production interruption. The MRO/Maintenance Coordinator is also responsible for certain aspects of inventory management for parts required to service and maintain plant equipment.
• Communicate between all facets of a 24/7 manufacturing environment to schedule and prioritize all maintenance assignments.
• Maintain sage and clean work environment by ensuring plant is in accordance with governing practices, codes and regulations.
• Identify and resolve problems, recommending improvements in the planning process and ensure routine schedules with lead planner guidance
• Provide technical planning, scheduling for short and long-range weekend activity and assist groups to ensure optimal maintenance effectiveness.
• Review all incoming work requests and estimate costs of corrective action
• Prioritize and schedule work backlogs by type and status
• Produce planned work schedules for Maintenance Supervisors
• Development and Implementation of PM Program
• Development/implementation and review of PM checklist/schedule
• Conduct follow-up to ensure satisfactory completion of required work
• Responsible for updating the equipment master file database
• Satisfy requests for repair materials for equipment and building needs as required.
• Work with Contractors to ensure invoices are correct, Purchase Orders are created, and forwarded to Accounts Payable for payment
• Ensure that all materials removed from stores are expensed in the appropriate fashion to the correct budget accounts
• Work with Accounts Payable to resolve invoice discrepancies
• Ensuring that Central Purchasing has a high degree of visibility to all information entered into SAP and all changes requested by Central Purchasing are implemented.
• Assist maintenance technicians & supervisors with part identification
• Work with Health & Safety Representative to ensure all materials Purchased for maintenance and plant use meet minimum safety requirements and have correct & updated information (WHMIS).
• Work with QA/CFIA to ensure that all materials purchased for plant use meet food safe regulatory requirements and keep documentation of same.
• Ensure that equipment lists for plant are updated with CFIA approval numbers where available.
• Maintain stock room housekeeping and organization.
• Follow up on receiving and delegating parts to work orders or stock
• Assist with tracking of warranty issues with suppliers.
• Daily inventory management
• Identification and disposition of obsolete and slow moving inventory
• Receive inventory into SAP system and stock shelves as required
• Control inventory levels at bench mark levels
• Regular cycle counts of chosen inventory items
• Coordinate parts unpacking and provide written guidance on packing slips to trades persons, inventory plans and follow up training/guidance for trades persons on key operations issues
• Understand and practice all Health and Safety and Food Safety policies and regulations
• Other Duties as assigned.
• Career development opportunities. Your career will not stop at this role, this is just the beginning
• Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
• Defined Contribution Pension Plan
• Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
• Employee Assistance Program
• Grade 12 plus up to 2 years of study in a related field, technical school diploma at a community college, university or equivalent, plus a trade, apprenticeship or operating training. College diploma/certificate in Purchasing/Inventory management preferred.
• Highly organized individual capable of managing multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with effective organized filing process ability
• Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office computer skills. Individuals with SAP knowledge preferred
• 3-5 years experience in a manufacturing environment
• Embraces the Maple Leaf Leadership Edge Core Values
• Good understanding of food processing and regulatory requirements
Subscribe to our newsletter & stay updated