MRO Coordinator – Contract
City : Hamilton
Category : Other
Industry : Food/Packaging
Employer : Maple Leaf Foods
The Opportunity:Reporting to the MRO Leader the MRO Coordinator maintains the inventory management and warehousing long-term strategies based on the consequences of equipment failure and the business’ needs/acceptable risks (i.e., unscheduled downtime versus inventory levels). They consider these business parameters, the tools available and how best to support The Maintenance department.
The MRO Coordinator is an experienced MRO specialist with at least 3 years of experience in an inventory, warehousing or purchasing management role applying proven MRO best practices in an industrial environment. A supply management, finance or business diploma is required, while a university degree is preferred. The Coordinator is familiar with using a CMM system and MS Office tools and with applying Standard Operating Procedures in his/her work. The Coordinator follows company policies, standards and guidelines as they apply to all activities.
The Coordinator has good leadership and communication skills, works well in a team environment, is responsible and is open to change. The person is structured, results oriented and quality driven.
The MRO Coordinator promotes and maintains a safe working environment through compliance with MLF’s Health and Safety Program. This includes Food Safety and Environmental compliance.
Any MLF team member interested in being considered for this role are encouraged to apply online by February 06. Applications received beyond that date are not guaranteed consideration.
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Work with Planner to ensure all required parts are available prior to the work being scheduled
- Kit and stage all required parts for scheduled work prior to the work being added to the schedule
- Process all returned parts as required (by reason for return)
- Collaborate with Maintenance, Reliability, and Operations, Six Sigma and Engineering
- Review Materials/Inventory Management stock levels with key stakeholders (i.e. Lead time, vendor part #, etc.)
- Participate in regular Material/Inventory Management strategy planning sessions
- Follow the MRO processes as they relate to C3 compliance, obsolete inventory spare review, split valuation process, and other MRO processes
- Send reminder to Supplier for late deliveries
- Verify that parts/materials received conform to the PO and are in good condition. Inform the buyers if the quantity of parts/materials does not correspond to the PO or are damaged
- Conduct inventory cycle counts including physical counts
- Manage and execute hazardous waste storage and removal
- Ensure provision of care and preservation for spare parts in the warehouse
- Participate in Reliability’s continuous improvement and knowledge collection efforts
What You’ll Bring:
- At least 3 years of experience in an inventory, warehousing or purchasing management role
- Strong communication skills written & verbal in English
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Outlook
- Ability to work in a cold temperature manufacturing environment
- CMM system and MS Office tools and with applying Standard Operating Procedures
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and wellbeing. These benefits start on your first day of employment.
About Us:We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
A diverse and inclusive work environmentChampioning diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based cultureOur eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com.
Disclaimer: Please note that salaries posted on sites other than the MLF Careers Page are not a reflection of Maple Leaf Foods and are an estimated salary range provided by that particular job board. Maple Leaf Foods offers competitive wages and an attractive total rewards package, which will be discussed during an interview with our Talent Team.