Motor Coach Driver
City : Moncton
Category : Transportation Services
Industry : Performing arts, spectator sports and related industries
Employer : J.D. Irving
Motor Coach Driver
The Moncton Wildcats are a junior ice hockey team in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League and are currently seeking a Bus Driver to join their dynamic team. They play out of the brand-new world-class Avenir Centre in Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada.
The position will report to the General Manager, Hockey Operations
The Successful Candidate will possess the following Qualifications:
- Minimum education: high school diploma
- Class two (2) driver's license combined with a minimum of two (2) years' safe driving experience
- Clean driver's abstract and criminal search
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude with a commitment to provide Superior Quality Service
- Spoken and written fluency in English required
- Spoken fluency in French is considered an asset
- Enjoys working with people and has an accommodating personality
- Communicate with Team Management to confirm all scheduled usage of the coach: for team transfers, promotional events, maintenance, or other needs as directed
- Familiarize him/herself with the itinerary and driving directions to each destination, including arenas, hotels, and other destinations, in advance of each trip
- Responsible for the care and safe operation of the motor coach, for the duration of each trip and will ensure scheduled maintenance is up to date and necessary repairs are completed
- Responsible to operate within the Hours-of-Service Regulation at all times; when planning extended trips that will exceed Hours of Service Regulation, the driver will work with Team Management and his/her employer to ensure a spare driver is booked well in advance to allow for pre-placement travel arrangements and scheduling considerations for an alternate driver
- Ensure the motor coach is properly serviced, clean and ready to accept passengers
- Ensure the pre-trip inspection is completed prior to the requested pick-up time
- Supervise the loading and unloading of the bus
- Other job requirements: Subject to irregular hours, including evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online by August 14, 2023
We appreciate your interest in our company however those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Moncton Wildcats Hockey Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.