Monitoring and Testing Specialist
City : Vancouver, British Columbia, CA, V5M 2C9
Category : See posting
Industry : Financial Services
Employer : Coast Capital
Location: Vancouver, Toronto
Job Type: Full Time
myWork Options: Remote
What's the opportunity?
The Monitoring and Testing Specialist role is responsible for executing the testing and the monitoring program to assess the effectiveness of the enterprise's internal control systems within the First Line of Defence (1LOD). The incumbent executes the testing and monitoring program as prescribed in the M&T Annual Test Plan. The Monitoring and Testing Specialist plays a key role in coaching (through validation) control performers to documented standards. The incumbent must be familiar with banking policies and procedures and able to make recommendations to leadership to correct control deficiencies in processes. The M&T Specialist also supports the business line and corporate functions in implementing corrective action plans.
What you'll get to do:
- Identifies process key controls to assess design adequacy and operating effectiveness
- Develops test cases and or Key Risk Indicators in new or modified processes to facilitate control assessments
- Executes test cases to determine the extent of compliance in a pre-determined sample population
- Summarizes and reports exception data to leadership while making recommendations to bring process within risk tolerance
- Identifies root causes for noted exceptions and communicates the same to control owners/performers
- Collaboratively validates assessments with control performers to ensure accurate reporting of the control environment
- Recommends updates to operational procedures to align with risk appetite.
- Reviews trends and highlights where CCS is exposing itself unduly or where CCS could further enhance opportunities
- Acts as a resource to Corporate Learning to provide feedback to inform training sessions
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, Economics or a related discipline.
- 7 - 9 years of professional experience in Credit Lending, Regulatory process oversight, Internal Audit, Quality and Assurance Testing.
- Strong knowledge of the Financial Services Industry.
- Analyze lending applications to assess the quality of underwriting standards.
- Knowledge of Canadian regulatory frameworks
- Self-starter can work independently and move forward with projects even when encountering operational challenges and when tasked with multiple workstreams.
- Detail-oriented, capable of developing and executing tests to a specific standard to assess compliance with relevant regulatory standards.
- Analytical thinker with the ability to understand complex systems and policies and how they interact with standards and products, and able to make decisions and determinations by gathering appropriate quality and quantity of relevant data.
- Ability to communicate fact-based arguments to stakeholders through coaching and validation.
- Excellent presentation and organizational skills to produce quality work with exceptional attention to detail
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion at Coast Capital
Don’t meet every single requirement? At Coast Capital, we believe everyone has potential. We are committed to building better, brighter, more inclusive futures for everyone – including our employees. We see the potential in our employees to achieve amazing things and want to invest in your future. If you’re excited about this career opportunity and your experience may not perfectly align with every qualification in this job posting, we still encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this or other opportunities at Coast Capital.
At Coast Capital, we are committed to equity, diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples, Black, and racialized persons, persons with disabilities, people of diverse sexual and gender identities and women. We value applicants who have demonstrated a commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion and recognize that diverse perspectives, experiences and expertise benefit of our employees, our members, and our community.
We strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our candidates with different abilities. If you require any accommodations, please contact email@example.com. We will work with you to meet your needs.