City : Edmonton, AB, CA, T6B 2Z6
Category : Production and Manufacturing
Industry : Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction
Employer : Shawcor
ZCL Composites, a division of Shawcor Ltd., (Shawcor) is the largest manufacturer of underground fiberglass storage tanks in the world. With nearly 40 years of direct industry expertise, we are recognized as both a leading innovator and a trusted brand. We are always looking to add great people to the Shawcor family, people whose skills and goals match our Mission and Values. If you are looking for an opportunity to work in a dynamic team environment where integrity and passion drives operational excellence, Shawcor is for you!
Why Choose Shawcor? We offer:
- A challenging career with on-the-job training & development opportunities
- A starting wage of $22.92/hr and paid time off (vacation, sick time, leaves, etc.)
- If you work on the 4th Shift (Fri-Sun, 6:00pm-6:00am), you will receive paid breaks and a 15% shift premium on dollars earned for hours works, which increases your potential earnings to $28.55/hr.
- If you work on the 3rd Shift (Fri-Sun, 6:00am-6:00pm), you will receive paid breaks and a 11% shift premium on dollars earned for hours works, which increases your potential earnings to $27.56/hr.
- If you work on the 2nd shift (Mon-Thurs, 4:30pm-3:00am), you will receive a $1.50/hr shift premium, which increases your potential earnings to 24.42$/hr.
- Group (Medical & Dental) benefits and Wellness programs
- Group Defined Contribution Pension plan
- A quarterly performance bonus and a generous employee referral bonus program
- Company provided personal protective equipment (PPE) required for the job
- Strong commitment to safety in the workplace
- Complimentary parking
We are looking for Molders to join our production team based in our Edmonton 36 (6907 - 36 Street) manufacturing facility. Get on-the-job training in a full-time position with opportunities for advancement. As a molder, you will produce tank shells, duct, pipe, and special molded shapes for our storage tanks.
In this role you will:
Cut, shape, splice and fit fiberglass plastic materials using templates and hand tools
Follow blueprints, drawings and work instructions to apply materials to tank molds using a manual forming process
Install components and accessories
Prepare mold and tool surface
Make minor adjustments or repairs to products
Use tools including grinders, trimmers, measuring tools and rollers
Operate and maintain machines and equipment
Inspect work to ensure quality standards
Document information on process sheets and time cards accurately
Maintain a neat and tidy work area
Perform all duties in accordance with the Company’s safety standards
Support the production process and other activities as required
We would love to hear from you if:
You communicate well with others and like to work as part of a team
You have a good understanding of English, including verbal, written, and reading skills
Your basic math and problem-solving skills are good, and you pride yourself on the details
You want to learn how to use new tools and equipment and are comfortable working in a fiberglass plant environment
You are comfortable working at heights and within confined spaces
You can work variable hours including overtime and weekends as needed
You are able to lift up to 25lbs., with bending, crouching, kneeling, and standing for extended periods of time
You have your own transportation as public transit is not available
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All recruiting activities are managed via our applicant tracking system. Please apply online to be considered for this opportunity.
Shawcor is an equal opportunity employer.