Modelisation senior Advisor
City : Montreal
Category : Regular Full-time
Industry : Finance
Employer : National Bank
Working within the Internal Audit team in the Credit, International and Commercial sector is a unique opportunity to acquire a cross-sector understanding of the Bank and to work in an environment where you can excel, while building solid connections with colleagues from a number of sectors. You will work in partnership in an agile, transparent environment where you will be empowered and accountable for results. You will be part of a dynamic, innovative team where management practices foster a good work/life balance.
We make assessments independently and provide advice on the effectiveness of controls in various processes, from governance to execution, including IT elements, in particular:
- Credit risk management (Business and Personal)
- Commercial loan management
- Payment activity management
- Foreign subsidiary management
- Electronic banking services management
- Information technology management
- Project management
- Establish and maintain trust-based relationships with the various stakeholders of the processes audited
- Contribute to the completion of audit mandates in agile mode
- Identify risks that could have significant repercussions on the processes examined (efficiency and optimization) and establish an audit strategy while considering the use of data analysis as a tool to achieve audit objectives
- Analyze problems encountered and identify root causes in cooperation with stakeholders
- Help prepare audit reports
- Provide regular, rigorous follow-up on the progress of the action plans developed following the work of Internal Audit and regulatory authorities, and ensure the quality of documentation
- Be a coach or resource person for your colleagues
- Participate in committees or special projects that require a high level of expertise and represent the Bank with various organizations, agencies or stakeholders
- Help implement innovative internal audit initiatives
We want to contribute to your quality of life by offering you as much flexibility as possible in your work. For example, we offer hybrid work (remote and in the office), work schedule arrangements to help you achieve work/life balance and flexible leave that you can take when it’s important to you.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 6-7 years of relevant experience OR master’s degree in a related field and 5 years of relevant experience OR university certificate/undergraduate diploma from the National Bank University Program and 9 years of relevant experience
- Experience in risk management, external or internal audit, ideally in modelling, Basel regulation and IFRS 9 fields
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and working on several files at the same time
- Proven leadership, ability to collaborate effectively with stakeholders, and ability to influence
- Ability to resolve complex problems and innovate
- Ability to analyze data and draw conclusions
- Bilingualism (English and French) required, as you will collaborate with a regulator, authority, government body or other entity outside Quebec
In addition to competitive compensation, upon hiring you’ll be eligible for a wide range of flexible benefits to help promote your wellbeing and that of your family.
- Health and wellness program, including many options
- Flexible group insurance
- Generous pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Preferential banking services
- Initiatives promoting community involvement
- Telemedicine service
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are a few of the benefits available to you. We have an offer that keeps up with trends as well as your needs and those of your family.
Our dynamic work environments and cutting-edge collaboration tools foster a positive employee experience. We actively listen to employees’ ideas. Whether through our surveys or programs, regular feedback and ongoing communication is encouraged.
We're putting people first
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that is accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodations, feel free to let us know during your first conversations with us.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Ready to live your ambitions?