Mobile Lab Patient Technician
City : Lindsay, ON, CA
Category : Client Services
Industry : Healthcare
Employer : LifeLabs
LifeLabs is the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada, serving the healthcare needs of Canadians for over 50 years. Our team members are truly centred around our customers, and we know that behind every lab requisition, sample being tested, or investment in technology is an individual and their family counting on us.
Consistently named one of Canada's Best Employers by Forbes, LifeLabs has also been recognized for having an award-winning Mental Health Program from Benefits Canada. The passion and commitment of over 6,000 diverse and innovative team members unites and motivates us to ensure our customers receive high quality tests and results that they can trust. Agile, customer-centred, caring and teamwork: we live these values every day in what we do to support our customers and healthcare providers, driving forward our vision of empowering a healthier you.
Make a difference – join the LifeLabs team today!
LifeLabs Medical Laboratory Services is seeking a responsible and patient-oriented individual to join our team in Lindsay, ON as a Mobile Lab Patient Technician.
Our Mobile Lab Patient Technicians play an important part in on-site patient care in locations including private homes, commercial facilities, retirement homes, and long-term care facilities. This is an active and rewarding role that will let you build relationships with patients and see the difference that you make in their lives and healthcare outcomes.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Organizing a daily schedule of visits to facilities and private residences to collect specimens as per physicians’ requests, planning your route according to courier times, specimen integrity, and required travel time.
- Performing phlebotomies, connecting/disconnecting Holter monitors, and performing ECG tracings.
- Collecting and delivering specimens to designated labs for testing.
- Accession, spin, separate and prepare for transport to reference lab as required.
- Booking patient appointments, requesting required information from patients, explaining the specimen collection process, and ensuring patients have followed necessary test protocol prior to specimen collection.
- Liaising with doctors, facility staff, and CCAC staff regarding patient problems, changes in scheduling, specimen collection procedures, and other matters.
This is a Temporary Regular Part Time role until January 13, 2025 with homebase location at 86 Angeline St S, Lindsay, ON suitable for an individual seeking day shifts and the ability to maintain a good work/life balance.
Requirments of the role:
- Candidate must have a valid drivers license and reliable vehicle as this is a temporary maternity leave for Homecare.
- Candidate must be able to work independently as well as within a large team in a very fast paced environment.
- Successful candidate will be a Homecare team member, and will also have opportunity to work in our Patient Service Centres when required.
- This is a minimum 20 hours per week Regular Part Time position temporary for 18 months.
- Shifts and schedules may vary (20 to 37.5 hrs per week) depending upon operational requirements.
- From time-to-time, you may be required to change your work assignments, location hours and days of work.
The schedule for this can start anywhere from 5:30 AM and have different shifts that can end at 4:30 PM depending on PSC or Homecare role.
- This position requires 6 weeks of full time commitment for training and then will transition to 20 hours per week.
- We expect our candidates to be fully vaccinated and must have the Covid 19 booster shot.
Are You a Good Fit?
LifeLabs is seeking an emphatic and adaptable person who can deliver exceptional customer service and relate to patients even in stressful situations. Do you have:
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and access to a vehicle.
- Satisfactory criminal reference check.
- Phlebotomy experience.
- Excellent communication skills to enable you to relate with a wide variety of people.
- Problem solving skills and the ability to think quickly on your feet.
- Ability to maintain the strictest standards of patient privacy and confidentiality.
At LifeLabs, great employees are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why LifeLabs provides more than just competitive compensation and benefits – our employees receive coaching and training in an environment that fosters open communication, a uniform and shoe allowance, and opportunities for advancement and changes in career direction.
Does this sound like the job for you? We would love to discuss your qualifications. Apply online today!
At LifeLabs, we strive to create an inclusive and equitable workplace where our team members and the communities we serve feel accepted, valued, and respected.
In accordance with LifeLabs’ Accessibility Policy, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, accommodations are available by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. For a confidential inquiry or to request an accommodation, please contact your recruiter or email email@example.com.
LifeLabs is committed to providing a safe environment for our employees, customers, and the communities we serve. We have been a leader throughout the COVID-19 pandemic regarding health and safety measures and have always put our employees and customers at the center of every decision that we make. As an organization in the health care sector, we believe the COVID vaccination adds a layer of protection that complements the extensive and necessary health and safety protocols that we have taken to date. With this in mind, we currently require all LifeLabs employees, contractors, students and volunteers to be fully vaccinated.