Mobile Lab Patient Technician
City : Pembroke, ON, CA
Category : Client Services
Industry : Healthcare
Employer : LifeLabs
Improve lives. Love your job. Grow your career.
LifeLabs Medical Laboratory Services is seeking a responsible and patient-oriented individual to join our team in Pembroke, ON (425 Cecelia St) as a Mobile Lab Patient Technician.
Our Mobile Lab Patient Technicians play an important part in on-site patient care in locations including private homes, commercial facilities, retirement homes, and long-term care facilities. This is an active and rewarding role that will let you build relationships with patients and see the difference that you make in their lives and healthcare outcomes.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Organizing a daily schedule of visits to facilities and private residences in order to collect specimens as per physicians’ requests, planning your route according to courier times, specimen integrity, and required travel time.
- Performing phlebotomies, connecting/disconnecting holter monitors, and performing ECG tracings.
- Collecting and delivering specimens to designated labs for testing.
- Accession, spin, separate and prepare for transport to reference lab as required.
- Booking patient appointments, requesting required information from patients, explaining the specimen collection process and ensuring patients have followed necessary test protocol prior to specimen collection.
- Liaising with doctors, facility staff, and CCAC staff regarding patient problems, changes in scheduling, specimen collection procedures, and other matters.
This is a Regular Part Time position (guaranteed 20-37.5 hours weekly) covering homecare for the Pembroke, Petawawa and Renfrew area.
Are You a Good Fit?
LifeLabs is seeking an emphatic and adaptable person who can deliver exceptional customer service and relate to patients even in stressful situations. Do you have:
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and access to a vehicle.
- Booster shot for Covid 19.
- Satisfactory criminal reference check.
- Phlebotomy experience.
- Excellent communication skills to enable you to relate with a wide variety of people.
- Problem solving skills and the ability to think quickly on your feet.
- Ability to maintain the strictest standards of patient privacy and confidentiality.
At LifeLabs, great employees are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why LifeLabs provides more than just competitive compensation and benefits – our employees receive coaching and training in an environment that fosters open communication, a uniform and shoe allowance, and opportunities for advancement and changes in career direction.
Does this sound like the job for you? We’d love to discuss your qualifications. Apply online today!
At LifeLabs, we strive to create an inclusive and equitable workplace where our team members and the communities we serve feel accepted, valued, and respected.
In accordance with LifeLabs’ Accessibility Policy, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, accommodations are available by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. For a confidential inquiry or to request an accommodation, please contact your recruiter or email email@example.com.
LifeLabs is committed to providing a safe environment for our employees, customers, and the communities we serve. We have been a leader throughout the COVID-19 pandemic regarding health and safety measures and have always put our employees and customers at the center of every decision that we make. As an organization in the health care sector, we believe the COVID vaccination adds a layer of protection that complements the extensive and necessary health and safety protocols that we have taken to date. With this in mind, we currently require all LifeLabs employees, contractors, students and volunteers to be fully vaccinated.
LifeLabs operates under a distributed workforce model, where employee flexibility is a key priority. Further information will be provided during the interview process on what this means for employees.