Mobile Crane Operator
City : Cranbrook, BC, CA
Category : Other
Industry : Transportation
Employer : Canadian Pacific
Canadian Pacific (CP) and Kansas City Southern (KCS) are now CPKC. As the only truly North American railway, we are making big moves! Drawing on our strong foundations and heritage, CPKC moves essential goods across our 20,000-mile network to support economic growth throughout Canada, the U.S. and Mexico. Be a part of history as we connect a continent and create exciting career opportunities across our new transnational network. Visit cpkcr.com to learn about the CPKC advantage, our purpose and culture.
- Maintenance of Ohio per manufactures recommendations.
- Set up and removal of boom as required.
- Set up removal of necessary attachments
- Maintenance of accessories ( clam-shell, pile driver and rigging)
- Cable splices and repair as necessary
- Pile driving
- Preparing Crane for Transport
- Be able to effectively complete all assigned duties unsupervised
- To be competent and capable of performing the duties of an Ohio Operator the candidate must:
- Be comfortable working on structures at heights with proper fall protection equipment.
- Be proficient with the safe use of common hand and power tools.
- Obtain and hold a CROR rules card, minimum level D.
- Hold a valid driver’s license.
- Be proficient in the Operation and maintenance of the Ohio Crane.
- Have thorough knowledge of Pile driving operations
- Be proficient in the operation Clam-shell and attachments
- Have thorough knowledge of all relevant industry codes.
- Have a Red Seal Mobile Crane Certificate or Mobile Crane 80T ≤ Certificate (or prove
- Previous Qualification of competency and relevant experience) and pass the qualifying test.
- Have provincial certification
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
Operating safely is a core foundation of CP. Our commitment is to protect our people, customers, communities in which we operate, the environment and our assets. We are also committed to a healthy and safe workplace. CP’s Alcohol and Drug Policy and Procedures (“Policy and Procedures”) support these commitments. All new hires for a safety sensitive position will be required to complete a pre-employment medical that includes a physical, vision, hearing, alcohol and drug audit assessment.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
- Education verification
CPKC is an employment equity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply including women, Black, Indigenous, People of Colour (BIPOC), members of the LGBTQ+ community, and people with disabilities. Accommodations for the job application process can be provided, as appropriate, upon request. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA)”.
- Req ID: 100948
- Department: Engineering
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Position Type: Union
- Location: Cranbrook, British Columbia
- Country: Canada
- % of Travel: 70-80%
- # of Positions: 1
- Compensation Rate: $31.22 - $38.20
- Job Available to: Internal & External