City : SUDBURY
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Mining Engineer/Technologist - ( 220000OR )
At our core, we’re a community. Together, we exercise creative thought, developing engineering and designs as individual as the people and projects we touch. From approval and permitting to design and construction management services, we put the goals of our clients and their communities at the center of everything we create. Join us as we assist mining companies in getting mined materials to communities around the globe.
We are a leader in underground hard rock mining engineering and related technology, serving the largest, deepest, and most technically challenging mines in the world. This is where great ideas and rewarding careers are built.
Stantec’s Mining Practice is hiring a Mining Engineer/Technologist to join their growing team in Sudbury, ON. Working with a dynamic team of multi-discipline engineers and technologists, the successful candidate will be involved in studies and projects of varying size and complexity and will help grow our mining business line.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Apply experience, mine engineering principles, and innovative thought to lead and support mining studies, projects, and other assignments.
- Work with resource block models and prepare mine designs and production plans and schedules.
- Work with discipline engineers/designers to design mine infrastructure.
- Lead technical reviews and prepare technical reports, including NI43-101.
- Interface with clients and other industry peers.
- Support the preparation of capital and operating cost estimates.
- International or domestic travel can be expected with the possibility of extended stays. Site work on a rotational basis may be required.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong knowledge, interpretation, and application of the mining standards and best practices.
- Knowledge of various mining methods and mine systems
- Knowledge of and ability to use standard computer applications and mine design and scheduling software including, but not limited to Deswik, Datamine, and AutoCAD
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to perform in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Be a driver of a positive work environment.
- Familiar with Mine Health and Safety Regulations.
Education and Experience
Engineering Degree from a recognized university or Diploma from a recognized technical college. 3-5 years of experience in underground hard rock mining.
Engineering and operations experience at an operating mine considered an asset.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Sudbury
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario-North Bay, Canada-Saskatchewan-Saskatoon
Job : Mining Engineer
Organization : BC-1695 Mining-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Feb 17, 2022, 2:26:57 PM
Req ID: 220000OR
Vaccine Policy: Stantec requires some positions in North America to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 subject to reasonable accommodation to the extent required by law because of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans