City : SUDBURY
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Mining Engineer/Engineer-in-Training - ( 230001NA )
At our core, we’re a community. Together, we exercise creative thought, developing engineering and designs as individual as the people and projects we touch. From approval and permitting to design and services, we put the goals of our clients and their communities at the center of everything we create. Join us as we assist mining companies in getting mined materials to communities around the globe.
Stantec’s Mining, Minerals and Metals Practice is seeking a Junior Mining Engineer/EIT with interest in growing alongside an established team of industry leaders in Sudbury, ON. Working with a spectrum of multi-discipline technical experts, the successful candidate will support mining projects across the globe as we help our clients unlock potential by engineering safe, innovative, and sustainable solutions to complex challenges. We’re a group of forward-thinking professionals defined by our entrepreneurial spirit and unwavering pursuit of not only what’s next, but also what’s best. Join a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make a big impact.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Assist project teams with mine planning and design support
- Produce mine development designs, drift profiles, and level layouts
- Develop haulage, development, and production simulations
- Troubleshoot, and work with resource block models to produce mineable stope shapes
- Perform calculations relating to development advance and mining cycle productivities
- Support the development of capital and operating cost estimates
- Assist in the development of mine systems and selection of mechanical and electrical equipment
- Work with project teams performing trade-off and optimization studies including but not limited to mine access, equipment selection, haulage, ventilation, and production plans
- Contribute thoughts and recommendations to study reports
- Domestic and International travel with the possibility of extended stays may be required
- Site work on a rotational basis may be required
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proficiency in CAD based mine design applications
- Proficiency in compiling and presenting data (PowerBI, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of various mining methods and mine systems
- A willingness to learn and collaborate with diverse teams
- Strong communication and critical thinking skills
- Ability to perform in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Be a driver of a safety and promote a positive work culture
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mining Engineering or equivalent
- 1 to 3 years of relevant industry experience
- Operations experience in underground hard rock mining considered an asset
- Experience with Deswik mine planning applications considered a strong asset
- New graduates having completed relevant internships will be considered
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Sudbury
Other Locations : Canada-Alberta-Calgary, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver, Canada-Saskatchewan-Saskatoon, Canada-Ontario-North Bay
Organization : BC-1695 Mining-CA Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Entry Level
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Apr 12, 2023, 11:10:12 AM
Req ID: 230001NA
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans