Mine Operations Supervisor
City : Logan Lake, British Columbia, CA
Category : Business Professionals
Industry : Mining/Quarrying
Employer : Teck
Mine Operations Shift Supervisor
Are you a driven individual with a growth mindset, who is ready for the opportunity to make your mark? Step up to the challenge and make a difference today!
Reporting to the Senior Supervisor, Mine Operations, the Mine Operations Shift Supervisor will be responsible for assigning work and co-supervising large production crews to ensure production objectives for ore and waste are realized in a safe and cost effective manner. This position will operate on a 4x4 schedule rotation of day and night shifts.
To be successful, we are looking for someone with excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal abilities who will collaborate with and establish strong relationships across multidisciplinary teams. This role requires a self-motivated individual who will find solutions using a continuous improvement approach in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Sophisticated analytical, organization, and decision-making abilities are vital.
Join us in the Highland Valley and enjoy a variety of recreational opportunities at your fingertips! Whether you enjoy biking and skiing or prefer the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone! The mine site is a 50-minute drive from Kamloops, B.C., where you'll find all the comforts of city living. It is also close to Merritt, Ashcroft, and Logan Lake, B.C., which all exude a small-town community atmosphere. Come own the lifestyle you desire, while leading positive change at Teck!
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Supervise Mine Operations personnel, field operators and equipment to achieve production targets
- Understand mine plans and mine maintenance activities and collaborate closely with other shift supervisors, engineers, and maintenance personnel in preparing and coordinating mining activities
- Lead and empower employees in achieving operating targets and improve employee work performance and efficiency through mentorship and feedback
- Monitor the performance of the haulage fleet and implement operational improvements
- Administer the collective agreement, safety, and mine and environmental regulations in a manner consistent with policies and procedures
- Perform worksite inspections and safe work observations; participate in industrial relations and safety investigations
- Ensure operations personnel on shift are trained to meet all requirements for safe production
- Minimum five years of proven experience in leading operational activities in a mining environment
- Possess a valid Shift Boss Certificate or be eligible for certification
- Class 5 Driver’s License, or equivalent
- Strong digital literacy and proficiency with fleet management systems; experience in MineStar and Autonomous Haulage Systems is an asset
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.