Mine Operations General Supervisor
City : Logan Lake, British Columbia, CA
Category : Business Professionals
Industry : Mining/Quarrying
Employer : Teck
Reporting to the Superintendent, Mine Operations, the General Supervisor, Mine Operations will be providing leadership in executing the mine plan while ensuring production objectives for ore and waste are realized in a safe and cost-effective manner while mentoring and coaching a dedicated team!
To be successful, we are looking for a collaborative teammate with excellent communication, interpersonal, influencing, and negotiating skills who can build and maintain lasting relationships across varying departments of the organization, and other communities of interest. We need a creative problem-solver with strong analytical capabilities. This role requires versatility and ability to work with a high degree of autonomy in a fast-paced environment, characterized by change and ambiguity. Demonstrated leadership and managerial skills including the ability to empower, coach, and mentor others are vital.
Join us in the Highland Valley and enjoy a variety of recreational opportunities such as hiking, mountain biking, skiing, fishing, and golf! The mine site is a 50-minute drive from Kamloops, B.C which provides all of the comforts of city living. The mine site is also close to Merritt, Ashcroft, and Logan Lake, which all exude a small-town community atmosphere.
• Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
• Develop and maintain a safe working environment through compliance with Teck’s Health & Safety program and Health, Safety and Reclamation Code for Mines in British Columbia
• Lead, coach, and develop Senior Mine Supervisors and Mine Supervisors to achieve high level of execution within their roles and responsibilities
• Coordinate and control mine production plan in order to enhance efficiency and effectiveness to achieve safe production
• Understand mine plans and mine maintenance activities working constructively with the various departments
• Liaise with other crew supervision, engineers, maintenance and human resources personnel in coordinating mining activities in an efficient manner
• Administer the collective agreement, safety, mine, and environmental regulations in a manner consistent with company policies and procedures
• Develop a high-performance culture within the department through strong leadership including appropriate communication, delegation, coaching, and managing performance.
• Perform worksite inspections and safe work observations to identify and correct substandard working conditions and behaviors
• Develop harmonious working relationships within the department and with other departments in the operation
• Minimum 10 years of direct experience in managing activities in an open pit mining environment
• Possess, or be qualified for, a valid BC Shiftboss Certificate
• A demonstrated ability to understand mine plans and schedules
• Proficient computer literacy
• Experience in autonomous operations is considered an asset
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is considered an asset
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or @TeckResources