LOCATION: Fort McMurray, Alberta (CA-AB)
JOB NUMBER: 28960
Why you should join us:
Do you have heavy equipment maintenance experience and are you looking to join a dynamic team in Fort McMurray? Reporting to the manager, mine equipment maintenance (MEM), you will provide leadership and direction to specialists, labourers, mine equipment maintenance workers and technicians responsible for repairing and maintaining mine mobile equipment. You will also be accountable for safely and efficiently improving production within the MEM department.
We are one of the largest mine operations in the world and our oil sands mining projects, located near Fort McMurray in northern Alberta, and are projected to produce a reliable, long-term energy supply while leveraging technology to minimize environmental and social impacts of resource development in the region.
If you don’t already live in the Fort McMurray community, Suncor offers a highly competitive relocation package including housing assistance. Residing in Fort McMurray is a requirement for this role. Check out what some of our employees enjoy most about living and working in Fort McMurray.
You will use your expertise to:
- Maintain a visible presence in the field to strengthen employee engagement and ensure that safety is everyone’s top priority
- Supervise performance, provide mentorship, and manage a multi-skilled technical workforce of up to 20 people within the context of the collective agreement
- Administer the collective agreement and personnel policies in a fair and consistent manner
- Ensure that all maintenance work assigned by planning and scheduling is executed during each shift
- Ensure unit downtime outage durations are minimized by maximizing the application of resources without compromising worker safety or unit reliability
- Investigate incidents and near misses with a view toward positive action through mentoring and training; follow up to prevent re-occurrence and create incident reports
- Hold monthly shift safety meetings with a thorough review and follow-up to ensure remedial action is taken
- Ensure that all permit and lockout procedures are followed
- Set work expectations and performance levels with employees and provide timely and relevant feedback
- Perform the functions within the SAP computerized maintenance system to correctly document, approve and assign the work that is performed on shift
We’d like to review your application if you have…
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
- 8 of maintenance experience in mobile equipment (such as heavy haul trucks, auxiliary equipment or shovels), with at least 3 of those years in a leadership role (superintendent/supervisory)
- Relevant trade certification or an engineering degree (electrical or mechanical)
- A valid driver’s licence and a clean driving record
- Exceptional safety mindset
- Computer proficiency, specifically in Microsoft Office and SAP
- Knowledge of the mining industry and technology with hydraulic and electric shovels, haul trucks and support equipment
- Alignment with our values of: safety above all else, respect, raise the bar, commitments matter and do the right thing
- Strong collaboration skills that enables you to build strong, positive relationships with diverse groups
- The ability to anticipate potential problems and check for out-of-the-ordinary conditions, as well as having a strong sense of accountability
- Effective leadership skills with the ability to engage and inspire front line employees in a positive manner; you hold yourself and others accountable to always ”do the right thing” and expect others to do the same
- Experience as a supervisor in a unionized environment
Where you’ll be working, your work schedule, and other meaningful information:
- You will work out of our Base Plant Mine in Fort McMurray, Alberta
- The shift schedule is a six days on/six days off rotation (three days on, three nights on, six days off; 12-hour shifts)
- If you reside outside of Fort McMurray, relocation of your primary residence to within 60 km of Fort McMurray is mandatory. Relocation support will be provided; we offer highly competitive housing assistance to eligible individuals
- This position is safety sensitive
We are Canada's leading integrated energy company with a business portfolio that includes oil sands development and upgrading, offshore oil and gas production, petroleum refining, and product marketing under the Petro-Canada brand. Our global presence offers rewarding opportunities for you to learn, contribute, and grow in a variety of career-building positions. We live by the value of safety above all else – do it safely, or don’t do it. Our strong track record of growth and a focus on sustainability mean tremendous potential for the future. Learn about our mission, vision and values.
In addition to rewarding job opportunities, we offer an attractive employee package, including:
- Competitive base salary, compensation programs, and an annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Stay connected to us:
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so don't delay, apply now.
JOB CATEGORY: Trade & Operators