Millwright Mechanic – Weekend shift
City : Wetaskiwin, Alberta, Canada
Category : Facilities and Maintenance
Industry : Retail
Employer : Home Hardware
Home Hardware has an exciting opportunity available for a Millwright Mechanic with industrial experience to join our team. In this position you will report to the Maintenance Supervisor, provide timely and effective service to minimize downtime and keep material handling and conveyor equipment functioning in a safe and efficient manner.
Weekend Day Shift – Friday to Sunday or Saturday to Monday, 8am to 8pm, schedule TBD
What you’ll do:
- Repair breakdowns on equipment and machinery, safely, effectively, and timely to minimize downtime and costs to company.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all conveyor equipment and machinery throughout the facility.
- Complete assigned tasks and projects including planning design or modifications to new and existing conveyor equipment and machinery.
- Perform some fabrication of parts for conveyor equipment and machinery throughout the building including welding, and carpentry etc.
- Perform designated daily, weekly and/or monthly checks on compressors, Balers Conveyor, etc.
- Assist fellow maintenance team with breakdowns, projects and preventative maintenance functions as required; assist with sourcing parts for equipment and machinery.
- Assist with troubleshooting and maintaining automated order picking system (DMS).
- Perform some minor electrical functions and be comfortable with conveyor automation and related duties.
What we're looking for:
- Minimum two years of relevant work experience as a Licensed Millwright.
- Must possess strong troubleshooting skills and have the skill to repair the problem.
- Knowledge of air and electric power tools, welding torches, milling machines and lathes, drill presses, band saws, pipe threader etc.
- Ability to drive Skyjack, Genie Boom and Lift Trucks.
- Must have people skills to work with fellow Team Members and Contractors.
Home Hardware recognizes the value of a diverse team. We believe that different perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences make us stronger as an organization. Applicants representing the full diversity of communities in Canada are encouraged to apply with confidence. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.