Millwright 433 – Part-time
City : Brantford
Category : Other
Industry : Food/Packaging
Employer : Maple Leaf Foods
Maple Leaf Foods is hiring for a Millwright!
What's in it for you?
- Earn $36.74 per hour
- Dental Coverage
- Perks such as market day of our products, BBQs, celebration days and giveaways
- All PPE is provided to employees (hard hat, boots, jacket, etc.)
- Support of the UFCW union
- Fast paced learning environment
- Opportunities for growth and development
- Shift Saturday and every other Sunday
You must be legally eligible to work and currently residing in Canada.
The Opportunity:As part of Maple Leaf Food’s Maintenance team, the individual will be responsible for maintaining and servicing equipment used in the facility for the production of our products. Furthermore, they will ensure safe plant operations and a safe working environment for all employees.
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Understand and carry out preventive maintenance procedures.
- Perform wide variety of maintenance duties including trouble-shooting, fabrication, preventative maintenance and emergency repairs with minimum supervision.
- Enhance equipment performance, recommend and implement improvements.
- Self-motivated to perform to high standards.
- Sense of urgency, attention to detail and ownership in quality of work.
- Work from drawing, written or verbal instruction and sketches.
- Safety-focus and deliver results to support production process.
- Proficiency in computerized maintenance manage systems (SAP preferred)
- Ensure all job-related operations are in compliance with GMP's, HACCP, WHMIS and health & safety requirements.
What You’ll Bring:
- Required license or certification:
- 433A Millwright Certificate
- Previous experience and knowledge of packaging, cooking, breading and forming equipment desired
- Must have a full complement of personal/professional hand tools
- Interaction and communication with employees at all levels is required.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- Working safely at all times is a must.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com.
Disclaimer: Please note that salaries posted on sites other than the MLF Careers Page are not a reflection of Maple Leaf Foods and are an estimated salary range provided by that particular job board. Maple Leaf Foods offers competitive wages and an attractive total rewards package, which will be discussed during an interview with our Talent Team.