Micro Station/CAD Designer
City : Stoney Creek
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Micro Station/CAD Designer - ( 230001PG )
Many of the world’s top engineers and scientists come together in our Water business because they view a community’s interaction with water a bit differently—as a single holistic system, rather than unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. Working throughout the hydrologic cycle, we are delivering sustainable solutions to make sure water is where it should be and available when needed. Our experts guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. Every day, we help communities improve, reuse, and protect this precious resource for future generations. By 2025 we’re hiring 2,000 people (like you) to join our team. Grow with us, H2O+U.
Stantec is seeking an Intermediate MicroStation/CAD Designer to join our Water team. The role will be based in our Toronto office location (hybrid).
This role allows you to demonstrate your experience with challenging storm, sanitary and watermain projects for clients within Toronto and the GTA. You will be working alongside a Project Manager and a team of Engineers and Technologists developing municipal conveyance designs on a broad variety of projects from small diameter sewers to large box-culverts with complex utilities and locations. This role will provide an opportunity to support the delivery of designs with the goal of advancing a career in municipal design as a specialized technical resource. This is a great opportunity for a motivated, energetic individual who wants to challenge their abilities in a dynamic work environment.
Relevant projects may include, but are not limited to, water distribution, storm and sanitary sewer collection systems, industrial process design, open channel/stream design, site plans, grading and drainage plans, roadway alignment, plan and profiles, cross sections, traffic control, earthwork calculations, intersection layouts and applicable standard details.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Undertake a range of drawing production duties using platforms including Civil 3D, AutoCAD, InRoads/OpenRoads, and MicroStation to a high technical standard
- Produce calculations, specifications, and drawings to ensure that technical design will provide the appropriate solution
- Revise and update drawings or plans based on internal or review agency comments under the direction of a senior engineer / designer
- Assist in the coordination of design and specifications within the context of a multidisciplinary design team
- Ensure efficient transfer of design into drawings through application of 3D Modelling, design detailing, supplier information, industry standards and Stantec CAD standards
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proficient ability in MicroStation, Civil 3D and AutoCAD
- Proficient with Microsoft (MS) Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Working knowledge of Revit, ArcGIS, BIM andwould be an asset
- Experience with InRoads, OpenRoads, ProjectWise and BIM360 would be an asset
- Working knowledge of City of Toronto and/or Region of Peel design and CAD standards would be an asset
- Takes initiative on tasks and in coordinating with other members of the team
- Participates in interdisciplinary coordination
- Working knowledge of basic sewer and watermain engineering calculations
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, along with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and demonstrate a flexible approach to work assignments in order to meet deadlines
Education and Experience
Technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of 5 years of experience.
Typical office environment working with computers at a desk for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario-Stoney Creek
Organization : BC-1656 Water-CA Ontario West
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Apr 17, 2023, 9:15:59 AM
Req ID: 230001PG
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans