Mgr Core Services Solutions
City : Brampton, ON, CA
Category : Engineering
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Rogers
Our Rogers Wireless team is growing! We are looking for new team members that are collaborative, digital-first, fast-moving, bold-thinking, and focused on delivering impact in everything they do.
We know our customers rely on us to connect them to their families, friends, and what matters most. Through our three wireless brands -- Rogers, Fido, and chatr – we are proud to offer Canadians value and choice on a variety of plans. As the market leader in 5G for both coverage and reliability and with our world class network that offers wireless connectivity from coast-to-coast-to-coast, we are paving the way for the future of innovation, providing the framework for new possibilities so that what’s impossible today, won’t be tomorrow.
At Rogers, your journey is filled with limitless possibilities; build the future you want with us.
Let’s make your possible.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity:
Imagine working for an exciting entrepreneurial company where employees are committed to meeting big challenges and making a real difference. That's Rogers. A leading communications and media company where people come to do great work. Right now we are looking for talented individuals to join our winning team where you will have a chance to innovate, grow and to do what really matters.
The successful candidate will be a results oriented leader with industry knowledge and technology experience who will lead the development of solutions and services that span multiple service domains
- Lead a team of experienced technical professionals to develop new best-in-class Wireless, Wireline, Voice and Data network solutions for large and complex network and business initiatives
- Collaborate with internal/external stakeholders including business, functional peers, and senior leaders on cross-functional initiatives, and establish constructive working relationship to build influence and achieve alignments
- Support and guide the team in medium to long term Network Service strategies and roadmap development in alignment with business objectives and in coordination with Network Platform roadmap development
- Work in coordination with Product Management on development of business requirements
- Support and guide the team in managing technology introduction throughout the solution development and deployment cycle, including business requirement alignment, solution design, vendor management, RFI/RFP, project management
- Lead the validation of new technologies by executing proof of concepts both in theory and/or within vendor or Roger’s laboratories
- Identify and provide recommendation for needed technologies and vendors to fulfill the outlined objectives
- Organizing, planning and prioritizing team workload to ensure target milestones are achieved
- Accurately determine and track capital budget for associated initiatives
- Provide guidance to project manager for project plan development and ensure successful transition of work to the appropriate Engineering and Operations teams within the program
- 10+ years of experience leading large-scale, technical, or engineering programs with a proven record of thought leadership, business case development, realizing business benefits, and successful program completion
- 2+ years of experience in a management role, engaging with cross functional teams, Executives, Vendors to solve business problems with advanced technologies
- Experience in a direct or matrixed role leading technical and non-technical transformation project teams with a proven ability to work across broad functional teams
- A history of problem solving and innovation developing technology programs and working across different organizations
- Bachelor's Degree in science, technology, engineering, math, business, or equivalent experience
- Experience with 4G, 5G Mobile networks, VoLTE, Mobile Broadband and IoT services and technologies architecture design and deployment
- Experience with Cable DOCSIS and Home Phone Wireline voice networks, services and technologies architecture design and deployment
- Experience or Knowledge of Telco Cloud, NFVi, Containerization, MEC, and Network slicing solution design and deployment
- Experience with Technology Strategy & Roadmap Development
- Experience with Business & Technology alignment in cross functional environment
- Experience with network financial modeling, governance & Capital Approval cycle
- Experience leading high performing team of senior technology professionals
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Road (101), Brampton, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Engineering
Requisition ID: 251416
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Digital & Technology