Mgr Commercial Roaming
City : Toronto, ON, CA
Category : Product Management
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Rogers
At Rogers, the entrepreneurial spirit is part of our DNA. Our Rogers Business teams help foster and grow the Canadian economy by supporting businesses of all sizes. From small to large-scale enterprises, our teams help deliver innovative technology, network services, and a suite of solutions to help them succeed. We offer Canada’s largest and most reliable 5G network for our customers and are proud leaders in wireless private networking and IoT! We continuously expand and evolve our networks, invest in new technology capabilities, and invest in our people to serve our business customers and their communities.
Come play a key role in driving the future of business innovation in Canada. We are looking for team members with a passion for delivering industry-leading value to customers and supporting businesses in the communities where we live and work.
Are you up for the challenge? If so, consider the following opportunity:
Rogers for Business is looking for a passionate, goal-oriented individual to join this winning team. We are currently looking for a Manager Commercial Roaming based in Toronto.
Reporting to the Director, Commercial Negotiations, the successful candidate will be responsible for improving wholesale roaming profitability and performance. This role will include business development responsibilities with connections to Engineering, Legal, Finance and international mobile network operators. Fundamental to the success of this strategic commercial role is the ability to thrive in a fast-paced International industry while driving business results.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Assess and refine the in-year wholesale roaming strategy and identify tactics to pursue revenue growth with current and new carriers.
- Create financial and systemic business models and identify tactics for commercial negotiations and execute tactics.
- Complete end-to-end commercial roaming negotiations and the integration of contract requirements with the business operations team.
- Build strong relationships and alignment with assigned carriers. Anticipate/understand carrier’s competitive needs and goals.
- Strengthen the wholesale market position. Identify and screen potential business development by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements and financials.
- Analyze traffic, revenue, cost, and contribution margin performance. Develop future year projections of market pricing and market share, including contract life cycles management and post implementation reviews.
- Prepare budget and forecasts.
- Know the roaming wholesale market and foresee trends. Deliver market updates and studies regarding new trends and respond quickly to opportunities.
- Work with Legal to develop roaming contract clauses to achieve objectives.
What You Bring:
- An undergraduate degree in business with a concentration in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, or related fields.
- 7+ years of progressive experience in data analytics and data analytics software.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint and experience handling SQL and VBA is required.
- Forward thinking with a strong ability to see new trends and quickly translate these trends to the company’s strategy
- Excellent communication and change management skills, with experience facilitating conversations at the senior levels, as well as with carrier partners negotiations
- Proven ability to construct databases, datasets, ensure data quality and perform quantitative statistical analysis.
- A highly motivated and detail-oriented individual who is a self-starter with the ability to quickly understand new concepts.
- A keen desire and ability to sift through large amounts of data and simplify into meaningful reports.
- An excellent team player and great ability to work effectively and autonomously
- Proven ability to exercise a high degree of business judgment, sound reasoning and exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines and perform well in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 333 Bloor Street East(364), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 25%
Posting Category/Function: Marketing & Product Management
Requisition ID: 282281
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Sales & Marketing