Metal Fabrication Instructor
City : Surrey, BC
Category : 200042-Inst Admin - Trades & Technology
Industry : Education
Employer : Kwantlen Polytechnic University - KPU
Kwantlen Polytechnic University
JOB OVERVIEW: Metal Fabrication Instructor – Competition ID: 2761
POSITION TYPE: Non-regular Type 1 contract, QUALIFIED FACULTY LIST
POSITION START: August 1, 2023
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
KPU proudly offers all learners opportunities to achieve success in a diverse range of programs that blend theory and practice, critical understanding, and social and ethical awareness necessary for good citizenship and rewarding careers.
The Faculty of Trades and Technology is currently seeking a Non-regular Type 1 Metal Fabrication Instructor to provide short-term delivery of Apprenticeship Levels 1, 2 and 3 Metal Fabrication Foundation which may extend from a single day to several weeks (morning, afternoon, or evening shifts).
This instructor will be part of a faculty team that works independently with students in a classroom and manages projects and instruction in a fully functional metal fabrication shop.
There is an expectation of familiarizing yourself with established curriculum and the online training management system, as well as classroom/exam prep and marking outside of student contact hours.
This position would suit:
- an instructor living in the Lower Mainland looking for some part-time employment and available on-call, or for a scheduled period,
- an individual that is (or wishes to be) semi-retired, or
- an individual who is interested in sharing their experience to guide and train future trades people.
- British Columbia Metal Fabricator (Fitter) Certificate of Qualification with Interprovincial Red Seal
- British Columbia Welder Level C Certificate of Qualification
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a metal fabrication/fitter journeyperson after earning the IP Red Seal Endorsement.
- The knowledge and ability to communicate effectively with students is essential.
- Preference will be given to those applicants with a demonstrated record of teaching successfully.
- Supervisory experience is an asset.
Note to Applicants:
Kwantlen Polytechnic University welcomes and encourages applications from equity deserving groups and diverse experiences including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, and members of the 2S/LGBTQIA+ community.
If there are any barriers that you are experiencing or an accommodation that we can provide to support you through the application process, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with KPU. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University is committed to protecting the safety and welfare of employees, students, and the general public, and upholding the reputation and integrity of the University. For this reason, final applicants will be asked to undergo a background check.