City : Toronto
Category : Full-time
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Shaw
A little about us
What we do at Shaw matters - in a world where being connected has never been more critical, we bring the best wireline and wireless technology and solutions together to create exceptional customer experiences. Every day we help millions of Canadians live their best-connected lives through the strength, capacity and combined power of our Fast LTE and Fibre+ networks.
At Shaw we say we’re brighter together, and we believe it’s the diverse mix of brilliant people here that really makes us shine. When you join our team, you’ll see we are so much more than just a company. Shaw connects you with limitless opportunity, an incredible culture, career development and a great benefits package. We are a friendly, collaborative group, and we have a lot of fun finding new ways to delight our customers.
Come dream bigger and brighter with Shaw.
As a Merchandising Specialist you will ensure that the look, feel, and functionality of Shaw and Freedom’s physical retail locations create a best in class experience.
This individual will be responsible and accountable for:
• Deploying and managing all product demonstration units in store
• Production of print signage in partnership with Shaw/Freedom’s brand and marketing teams in alignment with major campaigns, product launches and new store builds
• Management & scheduling of digital content in stores
• Driving in-store tactics that influence traffic and conversion in stores (i.e. producing print & digital materials communicating special offers, running in-store programs that drive focus and attention to priority messages in store)
• Building and leveraging strong vendor partnerships to execute on merchandising tactics
• Project management and delivery of critical retail merchandise campaigns This is in an exciting role that requires the need to balance aesthetic, functionality, and opportunity for sales conversion in stores. A keen eye for design is preferred along with retail sales experience. This role is fast-paced and involves working with a wide variety of stakeholders.
A typical day
• Meet with internal Marketing, Brand, Supply Chain and Operations teams to coordinate and align on product and campaign launches.
• Develop plans for in-store campaign execution while keeping budget, business priority, and customer/employee experience into consideration.
• Utilizing Shaw/Freedom’s Retail Merchandising System (RMS) to develop floor plans and allocate programs to launch upcoming campaigns.
• Leverage project management skills to keep track of timelines and deliverables, while anticipating and mitigating risks
• Support inquiries from sales teams for fulfillment of print materials, product demos, and trouble- shooting issues that may arise from merchandising elements in store.
• 2-3 years of Retail sales/merchandising experience
• Post-secondary education in Business, Marketing, or related field
• Highly organized with great attention to detail
• Strong communication skills; ability to present to senior levels in the organization
• Graphic design experience, proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite preferred
• Proficient project and vendor management skills
This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check.
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.
Subscribe to our newsletter & stay updated