Merchandising Crew Associate
City : Montreal, Quebec
Category : Full time
Industry : Real Estate
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants must not apply directly to this role. All referred applicants must use their unique referral link generated when they are referred by an existing colleague.
Location:400 Avenue Sainte-Croix, Suite 10, Montreal, Quebec, H4N 3L4
At Shoppers Drug Mart, we’re innovating health and wellness in Canada. From prescriptions to walk-in clinics, and a beloved loyalty program, we’re caring and supporting our customers in new ways every day.
With more than 1,300 locally owned and operated stores from coast to coast, the Shoppers Drug Mart network is more than a great place to shop, it’s a great place to work. We’re committed to building our talented team who champion collaboration, kindness and inclusivity. Join our team, and help recognize a healthy future for your career and for all Canadians.
Why this role is important?
Location: Close to Montreal
Must be able to travel: Eastern Ontario and Quebec/Atlantic.
Reporting to the Store Development Specialist, the Merchandising Crew Associate is responsible for merchandising all Capital projects, and store request projects as per final merchandising layout to current planograms, merchandising standards and marketing directions.
- Making sure planogram database match the latest store proposal layout. Reporting any discrepancies.
- Merchandise sections as per final merchandising layout to current planograms with shelving heights, using the Shoppers Drug Mart merchandising standards
- Administration duties such as emails, missing material reports, ISW (In Store Web) and Fl!p information to be completed daily. Academy application to be used for all mandatory and optional courses for training purposes. Timesheets and Expenses to be completed accurately, weekly.
- Report any issue when implementing planograms and fixtures to the Store Development Specialist and planograms team.
- Verify MAL (Merchandising assets list) order and report any discrepancies and/or improvements to be made to the Store Development Specialist.
- Verify NSK (New store kit) order checklist from TC and report any discrepancies and/or improvements to the Store Development Specialist
- Provide superior customer service and staff satisfaction throughout construction; ensuring customers' ability to shop throughout the store with minimal disruption.
- In renovations and expansions, relocate and remove merchandise from sections in a logical, orderly fashion onto portable dexion units where necessary.
- Label sections with MMS labels as per current merchandising standards
- Identify and remove any outdated or damaged products in an orderly fashion.
- Receive, log and verify merchandise where necessary.
- Build seasonal and end displays as per the merchandising direction on the In Store Web.
- In relocations, transfer stock from the old location to the new location in a secure fashion, following loss prevention systems and procedures.
- Inform Store Development Specialist of any time off needed. Ensure all time off is logged in Workday as soon as possible.
- Projects are located throughout each region, and occasionally out of region - you will be compensated for travel, hotels and meal costs.
- Customer service and service levels to be a priority minimizing hole counts by investigating holes that are missing on a regular basis. Report any anomalies to the Store Development Specialist.
- Participate in all site meetings
- Provide feedback on the project progress on regular basis to the Store Development Specialist.
- Embrace and promote our Blue Culture and B3 Learnings in our every day duties.
- Manage and provide detail receipts for all expenses to be submitted, including hotel invoices charged to corporate card.
Skills, Experience & Education
- Valid Driver's License
- Must be willing to travel up to 150km’s one way daily
- Must be willing to stay out of town when projects are over 150km’s one way (or unsafe to drive to and from)
- Must have a reliable car for this position
- Availability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Strong Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Customer Service Oriented
- Must be a team player with leadership skills. Peers may often be the acting Project Leader, so the team environment is crucial.
- Well organized with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Willing and able to learn SDM Systems and Procedures
- Works well under pressure - ability to meet deadlines in a detail driven environment
- Computer skills required (emails, Academy courses, Microsoft O365 tools, Outlook, Excel, OneDrive)
- Bilingual for Quebec & Atlantic region
Retail experience is beneficial.
Secondary School Education.
COVID-19 is a serious condition and has had a devastating impact on Canadians and others across the globe. As a leading Health and Wellness provider for millions of Canadians, our goal is to help all Canadians "Live Life Well".
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through Academy.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc., we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Employment Type:Full time
Type of Role:Regular
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.