City : SCARBOROUGH, Ontario
Category : Full-Time
Industry : Stores
Employer : The Bay
What This Position is All About
Please Note: This is an 18 Month Contract Position with Benefits
Under direction from the General Manager or Marketing Director, the Merchandise Manager will work out of Hudson’s Bay Eglinton Square Centre. As the Merchandise Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the creation and execution of a strategic local marketing program, maximizing exposure for Hudson's Bay in the local marketplace, and effectively being a liaison between their individual store and the corporate marketing team.
The Merchandise Manager will operate with clearly defined return on investment goals for sales and client acquisition and development.
This role will actively support our DE&I framework by identifying opportunities to increase and promote diversity in our teams, products and brands. They will lead with inclusion to nurture our OneTeam culture by removing barriers for our Associates and communities.
Who You Are
- You leverage internal & external customer information when improving products or services. Has great networking and relationship management skills
- You are skilled in maintaining and developing social media channels
- Comfortable with change and challenging convention. Able to work in fast-paced, team-oriented dynamic environments
- Generates a variety of approaches to problem solving quickly including new and novel ideas
- Execute all events, conduct analysis, and review results for recommendations for future programs.
- Support the General Manager in communicating corporate events to the store team and coordinate support and execution for all events to Hudson's Bay standards
- Complete all administrative needs for marketing including maintaining the store marketing/event calendars, online postings, email blasts, developing invitations and submitting calendars, event recaps, best practices, and budget documentation to corporate partners
- Perform stock, receiving, back house operations tasks with speed and excellence
- Ensure cleanliness and visual standards are maintained daily
- Identify local market opportunities with key customer target groups and all media outlets and develop and execute programs that support the LBDP (Local Business Development Plan) and leverage these audiences, increasing exposure for Hudson's Bay
You Also Have:
- Post-secondary education in Business, Marketing, Merchandising, or related field of study
- 3 - 5 years of experience coordinating and managing in-person special events
- 3 - 5 years of retail experience
- 3+ years of leadership experience
- Strong partnership skills for use in both internal and external communities to develop and execute all store marketing programs
- Proficiency in utilizing available technology, especially Microsoft Office Suite
Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator
Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate
A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental)
An amazing employee discount